Interesting quirk with Phoenix v3/4 and DX6i

zenmetsu

I ran into an interesting problem while trying to recalibrate my transmitter. I found that the throttle would either be off, or suddenly jump to full at around mid-collective. All other controls, pitch, rudder, etc were fine.

As it turns out, I had my PITCH curve set 50/50/50/75/100 and a linear THROTTLE, but somehow Phoenix was picking up the pitch channel and using it throttle every time. Since the transmitter never sent anything lower than 50% pitch, this explains the sudden jump at mid-collective. What I cannot understand is why Phoenix flip-flopped the Throttle and Pitch channels :confused:

If anyone else runs into this problem, I would suggest making a model profile on your transmitter for calibration purposes, leave everything linear with no expo, travel limits, etc, and then just switch profiles after calibration. This resolved the problem for me.

I'm still trying to find out why my 250 seems considerably more tame than the simulated 250, but I suspect that it is a transmitter setup issue.

zenmetsu

Apparently a lot of people have had this problem.

Even if Phoenix did not swap the Pitch and Throttle, your pitch curve would still be seriously screwed up. The only solution that I can see is creating a calibration profile that sends the full range of transmitter controls, and then switch to your custom-tailored profile after calibration.

stokke

I always set all the curves to linear before calibrating.
I also set all servo travel and D/R to max before calibrating.

There should be no reason to calibrate again (unless you uninstall or something).

Top Bottom