FBL Gyro iKon Wiring

Heliman450

Hi all, having just got my order in with Helidirect for the Aluminium version, I'm looking for the wiring diagram in preparation. What I've seen so far is too small to see the details. Looks to me that each channel from the standard receiver needs a female-female connection to the gyro, which has the normal connections out to the servos. Apologies if I missed something.

Any help appreciated.

Tony

Staff member
You shouldn't have to run any Rx wtih teh Ikon, just two satellite Rx's. Then, all you have to do is plug your servos and ESC directly into the gyro. And the software will show you where to put the servos and where to plug them in. Just make sure to NOT plug the ESC into the bind port, you will burn the gyro up almost immediately.

Heliman450

You shouldn't have to run any Rx wtih teh Ikon, just two satellite Rx's. Then, all you have to do is plug your servos and ESC directly into the gyro. And the software will show you where to put the servos and where to plug them in. Just make sure to NOT plug the ESC into the bind port, you will burn the gyro up almost immediately.

Hi Tony, thanks for the feedback. In your iKon video you mention a link to the software but I couldn't find it when looking down the threads. Is the link available somewhere on the Forum?

Heliman450

Where did you look? I will add the links there. For now, below is the link to the file.

http://www.ikonflybarless.com/upload/IKONINSTALLER_1.0.010.msi

Hi Tony, thanks for the link, I was able to extract the pdf below to show the source of my confusion. I hope it's self explanatory as it was only in the background of what I'd seen and didn't have good resolution when zoomed-in.

After hearing in your video that a link existed "below" I went down the threads to find it but the only link I found was an instruction manual for a scale heli. Something I also found of interest!

View attachment The cause of my confusion.pdf

bbj

Maybe just log into the Ikon software in demo mode and that will then show you the wiring needed plus the swash plate configuration.

Heliman450

Maybe just log into the Ikon software in demo mode and that will then show you the wiring needed plus the swash plate configuration.

Hi Tony, that's exactly what I did to take the screenshots, which I made into the attached pdf. Thanks to your link I downloaded the software and also updated it to the latest version. It's all sitting here waiting for the hardware to turn up from Helidirect. :yahoo:

Tony

Staff member
The funny thing is, that is the link from their website. Anyone who clicks that link, on the Ikonflybarless website, has to them update the software lol. It makes no sense to me.

Heliman450

I never stop wondering about such things, S'pose they leave it up to the software as published to look for most recent updates and don't bother to load the latest version on the website. Too complex for my old brain!

Thanks for the lead and help. I'm really looking forward to getting started. I cleaned it up to remove all the old sticky pads and some accumulated dust. Looking great now! I'm also aiming to be able to video its first flight. Hope all goes well.

Top Bottom