FBL Gyro Ikon sl issues

Westy

LEGEND
CAn anyone assist me to set this up on a DX7s? I have never been able to get it to work and it is totally unreliable .... yet hte Gyro works perfect and solid as on my Gobby 630

Slobberdog

what's up mate I thought you had the self level set up in there, have you got it set up in one of your banks and do you have a switch assigned to the bank switching.

the self level uses the accelerometers to work the gyro uses the gyro sensors, the accelerometers are freaking sensitive as you found out,

you will need to set it up see where it moves when you flick the switch and adjust that out in the advanced menus.

let us know what you need to set up exactly and we will point you in the right direction mate,

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Sparse .... Done that!

Hey SLobber..... yep got it assigned and got it going from bank one to 3 and set up with SL ..... and switching into it ... has servos moving .... went int oadvanced mode and trimmed it out to get not moving..... then turned off and turned on. tried to retest and just not making any difference. Maybe the settings are not sticking? how do yo make the settings stick (Save?)

- - - Updated - - -

everything else is working fine ...... as solid as ever..... do I need to set up some mixing or something?

- - - Updated - - -

wnat to assign it to my trainer button .... or my gear switch .... but cant seem to get it to do that .... so sick of wasting time on this stuff .... want it to take 10 - 15 mins and fly! WHY WHY WHY !! GRRRR

Sparse

They should save in real time. It is kind of hard to bench test sl on the ikon. ( ask me how I know ) the only way to really do it, is to put the heli in the air hit the switch see what the heli does and then use the advance menu to trim it out. And it is scary to hit the switch not really knowing what the heli is going to do. But its the only real way to set it up. Mine is set up on a dx7 also.

( You could go back after you use the advance menu and hit the set level button again in the software, Try that. )

Last edited:

Slobberdog

if your still getting moving in the air after you have trimmed it on the bench trim it more in the air, that's what mine needed, still don't 100% trust my self level though as sometimes I get a movement one way then another I get a movement a different direction, have to do the PU gel stuff before I fly this in the spring,

settings save as you exit,

I found I had to get the main shaft perfectly levelled before I did not get any interaction on sl mode, done this lately with the Soko level tool, but not flown it since :(

Lee

Whats actually wrong Westy?
The radio not set up to work the SL or the SL not levelling properly?

Westy

LEGEND
SL not Working properly. Switching in and out of Mode one and 3 Fine .... but as soon as you do.... it peels out to the right and down at the front about 4mm.

Main shaft is perfectly level and I press set.... go through the motions .... trim it up in Advanced settings .... actually it easier if I show ya all!

Westy

LEGEND
ran out of time tonight ..... had to go out for drinks and barby!..... perhaps tomorrow tonight

Westy

LEGEND
Update.... I think I have cracked it ...... will do some mixing first and then test fly .... wish me luck.

Last edited:

Sparse

let us know what happens. We really need to get how to videos up on the forum , of the most popular gyros we use. they are useful I still find myself going back to the 3gx videos.

Tony

Staff member
Working on is Sparse, I promise. They are planned for this weekend, but might not make it until next weekend. Thinking about doing them on the 450 only so if something does go wrong, it won't be that bad to repair compared to my 600 lol.

Westy

LEGEND
IT WORKS .... IT WORKS .... Also put in a mix to give me POSITIVE PITCH if inverted and I hit BAil out...... only mixed for Idle UP though not normal.... man does it punch out!!!

FINALLY!!!!! it only took 2 years to get the courage to suck it and see!
Thanks PEEPS!:arms:..... have done some videos ... but camera has run out of Battery.... also did a test flight on vid.

Westy

LEGEND
Ok .... here we go for Videos .... Hope you enjoy Apologies for the goofy looking dude on the camera!
Part 1 - Leveling
Part 2 - Pairing Bluetooth - Connecting to "BRAIN" - IKON Android App - Setting up and Saving -
Part 3 - Test Flying
Part 4 - The "MILTON MOD"

Part 5 - DX7s Mix setup
PArt 6 - How to Make the Blue Tooth Adaptor

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom