General Ikon setting tail rotor push rod

totoheat

Hello

Am now working on the tail servo setting

I have a doubt in regard to the setting for tail servo I have tail servo horn 90 my doubt is do I suppose tail blade be Zero pitch ??

I was using this same servo with 3GX and I did zero pitch on tail blade at that time

but now with iKON I notice that push rod was making the servo binding an in software I keep adjusting the throw as all time it was an increment of 1 or 2 units on tail slider on step 4 with no reason

what I did now is enter the iKON menu go to step 8 go for Rate mode and seat the grips to have Zero pitch then adjust length of the push rod accord and I double check and now there is no change or increment in tail slider now its 100% equal both throws

but am not sure if the way I did this is correct :help:

Also there is in step 8 other options that am not sure if I need to complete

Proportional Gain: I have it set it in "Is set in software "
Precompensation: I have no selection in this field

all help appreciated

Angel

Lee

90º the servo, centre the pitch slider then set the throw limits in the software. Good to go :D

Proportional gain is the Tail gain value.
Most people set there tail gain % in the radio. But ikon allows you to free up a channel on the radio, by allowing you to set the gain in the software.
Better If you can to have it set to Radio. Easier to fine tune.

Precomp. Don't worry about until you have flown it. Then if you see a tendency for the tail to twitch in hard collective changes, you can add or subtract Precomp.

totoheat

Lee

Thanks, I fix it as you indicated and certainly is working now :smile: ,now the slider its centered and pushrod has correct length so servo not binding at all and there is no change on the value in software as slider values are 100% both ways

Angel

Top Bottom