FBL Gyro iKon gains

cn63bug

I was wondering if anyone could better explain to me the gains and the agility in the setup. Went through everything and everything seemed to be ok. Swash was behaving correctly, tail was correct. When I spooled up, everything seemed fine, but as soon as it got light on the skids, it started almost bouncing. This is on my trex 450 pro and I'm using a dx6i.
Thanks everyone.

xokia

I was wondering if anyone could better explain to me the gains and the agility in the setup. Went through everything and everything seemed to be ok. Swash was behaving correctly, tail was correct. When I spooled up, everything seemed fine, but as soon as it got light on the skids, it started almost bouncing. This is on my trex 450 pro and I'm using a dx6i.
Thanks everyone.
What kind of bouncing? Tail bounce? What I found on my 300x was the recommended default gain was way to high and needed to be lowered.

Lee

Bouncing is a bit wide ranging. Can you explain in more detail, what is bouncing?

cn63bug

It doesn't seem like the tail is bouncing. The best way it seems to describe it for me, is that it behaves like my nano did with default high rates. Its extremely twitchy. Almost like bouncing back and forth. Sorry that I wasn't more specific. I would record it, but don't have anyone that can hold my cam for me right now (working on a way to record while I fly).

Lee

If you mean that it wobbles either side to side or front to back, then you need to reduce the Aileron or Elev Gains. In the Basic menu there is a cyclic gain slider you can reduce to dampen down the cyclic gains. Or go into the Advanced menu for more fine tuning of the head gains.

Lee

Agility will reduce or increase the sensitivity of the control of the heli, some what like Expo.
What do you have the flight mode set to? I would start with it on the first level and work up to sport or 3D when you have got a feeling for the unit.

cn63bug

Yeah, I have it set to the first level while doing setup and getting a feel for it. As far as gains go, I can just adjust it down in the basic then and that will affect both aile and elev, correct?

Lee

Yeh the cyclic gain slider will effect both. I had a slight nodding in fast forward flight with the Warp, so dropped it down to 27% from the Default 29%

cn63bug

OK cool. Thanks Lee. Gonna try and get it adjusted tomorrow if I can get to it and see how it does. I'll let you know how it goes.

cn63bug

BTW, how's it going in Mexico? I've been wanting to go there for a vacation, but haven't been able to yet. My wife went to Cancun back before her and I met and loved it.

Lee

I'm 1hr south of Cancun in Tulum. Beautiful place. Much nicer than Cancun. Met some guys today that produce virtual tours for hotels, and told them about my quadcopters. They are going to advertise my aerial shots to there clients :D

cn63bug

That sounds pretty cool. We'll have to try and make it down there one day.
I miss my quads. Working on designing one at the moment fly fpv use. Its a slow process right now, but its getting there :)

xokia

If your near cancun I recommend going to Cozumel. Really under rated place to go and dirt cheap. Since its an island and not as well known its not as crowded. They have a reef there that is excellent for scuba diving if your into that. We had a really good time there.

cn63bug

If your near cancun I recommend going to Cozumel. Really under rated place to go and dirt cheap. Since its an island and not as well known its not as crowded. They have a reef there that is excellent for scuba diving if your into that. We had a really good time there.
Now an island definitely sounds good to me... :)

Top Bottom