FBL Gyro Ikon 2 Servo Settings?

superjet800

hey guys I’m trying to set up the servo horns on this align 550 with a ikon 2 are all servos considered neutral with all sticks centered? Or do I need the left stick at the lowest setting?
Thanks in advance for all the help,
Jeff

Tony

Staff member
When setting up the servos, the Ikon should put a very wide dead band where it will snap to center. You need to do this with the motor unplugged, linear pitch curve and with the throttle stick set to 50% or mid stick. Then, put the arms on the servos as close as you can get them to 90º to the linkage rods, then use the program in the Ikon to completely center them and level the swash. Don't use subtrim or trim, it will just make the Ikon gods angry :biggrin1:

superjet800

Ok so I have throttle curves and pitch curves loaded in my radio is that gonna mess throngs up ? Without those I wasn’t getting full control stick throws on the one screen of the ikon software.

Tony

Staff member
That would be your end point adjustments, and those settings are just fine. End Point adjustments change both positive and negative end points so the center stays the same. However, on your pitch curves, you need to make sure they are linear then follow what I posted above.

superjet800

Ok in your video you hit 100 both ways on all channels I hit 100 on no channels how do I fix that on the dx8 gen 1? I’m set up on Heli with three servos 120 degrees also it moves multiple channels with one stick movement do i Change this in the fbl or the radio?

Tony

Staff member
In your Tx if you are setting up an Ikon, you need to be setup on Normal mode, or 1 servo 90º. The gyro will take care of the mixing. And the way you adjust to get 100 is you need to go into your travel adjust menu and adjust each direction. I believe it is under Servo Setup menu (may have that wrong, been a while since I played with a DX8) but travel should be the first option once you are in there.

Top Bottom