I'd like to for get yesterday.

Stambo

You know how bad days can get worse.
Yesterday was one of them.
I had a neighbor moan to me the night before that my cattle had been on his place but he had put back and repaired the fence.
It was dark and i could not see them so I figured I would check them the next morning to make sure all was well.
It wasn't. I went for a drive around my place in an old 4 wheel drive and they were nowhere to be seen.
I started asking around all the neighbors and a couple said "yes they have been here, look at my lawn" but did not know where they had gone. To top it off I am full of the flu and feeling terrible. I reported the missing stock to the police and the local animal pound and finally at about 11:30 am I got a call to tell me where they are.
I spent half the afternoon repairing the fence that another neighbor had damaged with a bulldozer and repaired very poorly.
The rest of the afternoon, fortunately with the help of a good neighbor, was spent getting the stock from across and down the road, back to where they belong.
Finally some peace and quiet. I was able to relax a little, take some (medicinal) drugs and curl up under a blanket on the couch.
Today, my flu is worse and I am at work trying to catch up on what I didn't do yesterday.
One of the times it sux to own your own business.
Sick leave? You gotta be joking.

Karubah

I feel as miserable as you after reading that Stambo lol. Sounds like you need a hot wire for your bovine mates to stop them wondering around the countryside. he he.

Stambo

I feel as miserable as you after reading that Stambo lol. Sounds like you need a hot wire for your bovine mates to stop them wondering around the countryside. he he.

Yeah there was a hot wire but that got taken out by the bulldozer.
Needless to say it is now reinstated. They are once again captive.
Well apart from the one that will be in the freezer within a few days.
The resulting steak and sausages will be so satisfying. :)
I am now off to bed, I've had a rum and a couple of flu tablets so I am looking forward to a good nights sleep.

Top Bottom