FBL Gyro I was wondering..........................

Dirk

I wonder what will happen if your flybarless gyro should decide to come unstuck from its mounting tape in flight. I can only imagine that some spectacular 3D flying will be done! Do you guys think that the heli will be controllable at all?

treff

I will refer you to an articlel by Isaac Newton which clearly states.......................Gyro come unstuck, Chinese economy goes up, helicopter doomed, comes down.
This may also help G = 6.673 x 10-11 N m2/kg2 gravitational universal constant.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

I will refer you to an articlel by Isaac Newton which clearly states.......................Gyro come unstuck, Chinese economy goes up, helicopter doomed, comes down.

LMFAO that's brill Treff

My myself I think it would resemble a flailing brick........

Dirk

Sorry Treff, but there is a mistake in your formula there. It should be G=7.763 me thinks. Any way, the end result will not be spectacular.

treff

I fpund out from experience, lots of experience unfortunately, gravity is bloody expensive whatever the numbers. cheers Dirk, mate.

Tony

Staff member
The only thing you can do is hit throttle hold and watch it hit the deck. The gyro will be flopping around causing to to correct movements that are not there thus causing the helicopter to go out of control. Not a good situation at all.

Dirk

Then it is a very good idea to make sure it is still stuck as part of your pre-flight inspection.

Derek

I would hate to even imagine what it would be like if a gyro came loose. Pretty much all you can do is hit throttle hold, set your tx on the ground, close your eyes and begin to pray that gravity doesn't totally trash your helicopter.

Fortunately enough for me, I haven't crashed my Trex 500 yet but I'm sure that my day is coming. I have, however, crashed several of my planes and it's a very sickening sound to have something that you love to fly get bodyslammed to the ground, leaving you wondering just how many pieces you are going to recover.

So....let's all be safe out there and be sure to double check that your gyro's are mounted firmly and securely. Pre-flight checks!

Top Bottom