I started more upgrades

murankar

Staff member
Do to another evening in Anjong-ri I was not able to order all three cyclic servos that I wanted. So I ended up ordering 2 SAV-SH-0257MG servos from amianhobbies.com I then ordered 4 new tail rotor shafts from hobby-wing.com. I hope these shafts are stronger than the EXI stock shaft, if not they are way cheaper, but just watch the shipping method or they could end up being more expensive.

Now that I have started the upgrade process I cant wait till I finish it. My only fear at the moment is the issue I had with the mg90s when I installed them. I had to mod the mounting hole on the servo. The bearing blocks did not align correctly with the air frame, they were not spread apart enough. if I have this issue again I am not sure if I want to open the holes in the air frame or the servo. Either way I am not to crazy about doing it, but we do what we have to to get it to work. So buy the end of the month I should have all my new servos and redoing my setup, should be fun.

heli-maniac

i have had to open the wholes up on the mg 9os before some will fit some will not just life of the cheaper parts but get done

murankar

Staff member
I had to open the hole on the elevator servo for it to fit right. I watched Tony's video of the EXI 450 TT version while I was building mine and could not figure out what the heck was going on. Anyhow after a few chats on here I got it figured out. Since I will be running the 4v system I hope these things work better than the mg90s. Although I would like to run a 6v system if it is possible so I can get the much quicker responses from the servos.

wolfman76

heck my exi v2 is almost all align by now with all parts i have either upgraded or had to replace everytime it has smacked the ground and have not even really flown a full lipo worth of power nonstop yet... i have have a align torque tube assembly ready to go on my hk500gt gut it is not going on it till i get a few flights first with the belt drive setup first...

murankar

Staff member
I have been really conservative with my flights. Last weekend I started moving towards side in flying. After I get this tail issue fixed it should be easier. Right now my tail is still jumpy and I think it is due to the tail shaft being bent.

At my new barracks we have a huge grass area that is perfect for flying. The area is about the size of a football field.

wolfman76

Wow nice!!!! oh ok so you staying in korea just moving to diff barracks??? Here by chicago even though i am in NW indiana still have the whole wind issue...got enough room where i live just fight with wind most of the time...

- - - Updated - - -

i liak emose to lake michigan so always wind

- - - Updated - - -

live close

- - - Updated - - -

hey eatt the dice cam is back in stock on xheli

murankar

Staff member
Actually the post is getting a face lift. My unit just moved to it's new living area. I am still scheduled to return in august.

wolfman76

no tony ms internet is jacked up right now if i do type too fast when it is going slow it jumbles what i type up

Top Bottom