I Need Your Help, Seriously!

Tony

Staff member
As you all have hopefully seen by now, I'm going this little gig full time. The reason I'm able to do this full time is because of what my various youtube channels bring in each month. Well yesterday, that all changed, for the worse.

Yesterday, YouTube announced they will be removing the ability to monetize videos on any channel with less than 4000 hours of view time in the last 12 months and with less than 1000 subscribers. That is 4000 HOURS of watch time in a year or 240,000 minutes of watch time, AND (key word here!) 1000 subscribers.

Rc-Help is not going to be affected by this, but then again, RCH doesn't make a lot of money which is why I have to not only rely on my other channels just to support this site, but also why I have been pushing patreon. Both of which are failing.

My other channel, Z28, gets more than enough watch time hours. The issue is the subscriber count. As of this post, we are at 414 subscribers. We need 586 subs by next month, or I will definitely no longer be able to do this full time.

So I ask you all, please click on the link below and sub to my other channel. Send out a link and ask your friends and family on social media to do the same so that we can keep having fun doing what we love to do right here on this site. If we can't get 586 subscribers in a month, I'm not sure what will happen. I hope you all can help out!

Z28.com

Smoggie

Done, good luck with attracting subscribers. It's hard to figure out what Youtube's game plan is here. Surely they are losing money on this too?

Tony

Staff member
That is the tricky part. Are they losing money? With channels like mine, YES! But, how many channels are under 500 subscribers getting over 4000 hours of view time each month? Most of the channels like this are the ones that rip off movies or other viral videos and post them for their own benefit. It's those channels that are now making it hard as hell for little guys like me that have a good channel, original content that I created and am working hard at keeping going. But, one sub is more than I had a minute ago and hopefully, within 30 days (that's the time I have) I can get this channel over 1000 subscribers and I can keep doing what I'm doing!

Thank you Steve for the sub!

liquid1

Done, Tony you offer the best Tutorials on the net, I’ve been sending out links to this forum since I joined . Thank you Sir !!

Derek

I just sub'd. I'm not on here as often as I use to be but I still find this forum insanely helpful.

Tony

Staff member
Thank you Derek!

We have already reached 450 subscribers on that channel! Share with your friends and family and lets keep this awesome streak alive!!!

Top Bottom