700 I`ll Be Electric Only For A While

Geena

Staff member
I was flying the GAUI NX7 today, and during the 8th flight on it, it started to gradually started to lose power. I hit TH, to auto it down, and as soon as I did, it shut off.

Got it on the bench and compression was weak. Wore out another ring..lol So....Time to order a new one ( and bearings too) from RC Japan. While I`m at it, I`ll go ahead and get the parts I need to rebuild my YS60SR, and my spare YS96SRX as well.

I can`t really complain though. That ring has had almost 35 gallons on it.

Tony

Staff member
35 gallons? Holy crap lmao. Definitely running them rich to last that long. But I knew you would not be electric only for long lmao.

Geena

Staff member
I already have the parts on the way. I ordered enough parts to completely rebuild both YS96 engines, twice. That`s four engines worth of parts.....LOL

Geena

Staff member
I should have known it was going to happen though, when I got the flame out on the previous flight. 300 or so ft up, doing a spiraling tail slide and the engine shuts off. LOL......Oooops! While it`s down I`ll also reline the bell, install a brand new clutch, install new clutch stack bearings, and change all of the fuel lines/filters.

Geena

Staff member
4 rebuilds huh? So 140 gallons worth of flights lmao.
Baaahahahahaha. Something like that. What can I say I fly the crap out of my helicopters. That`s the thing I like about YS engines. They pull like a freight train, even when running a little rich. So there is no reason to try and get that last 10% of power, that really won`t be noticed anyway.

Tony

Staff member
The hotdog/hallway joke is not really meant for Rc. More of a, how can I make this family friendly... birds and bees joke for a 'bee' that has been around the hive a few times.... lmao. Hope you get that one. It's quite funny.

Top Bottom