General I just got off the phone

trainrider06

With Hobby Wing tech...I'd written them last night wondering about the yellow wire that hangs on the wire bundle that goes to the ESC...I knew it was the throttle out put sensor but wanted to make sure it isn't required on my AR7200BX. This afternoon I got a call....a call mind you and the tech explained its use ( for enternal gov mostly on the iKon units).
I just gotta give credit where credit is due and give two thumbs up to Hobby Wing U.S.A. And their awesome support, and strives they are making with their Platinum Pro esc's! Thank you!
They have made me a customer for all of my esc's now!

trainrider06

Well I didn't disbelieve you, just wondered if I needed to plug it somewhere on the 7200 or not....either way am impressed with their service as well as their products! :)

Derek

Although I'm using Castle ESC's on all my helicopters (and two planes), ya just gotta love a personal phone call, like that, for customer assistance. Too cool!

trainrider06

It seems with their product development, and customer service they are really pushing to knock down the competition!

KLA

Exactly, on the 450 Pro you should stick very close to 325mm. Any bigger and you would probably have to upgrade the motor and/or the ESC.

Hey Rodney, that's a good deal about the personal phone call from HW tech. +1 for Hobby wing!!!

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
you can also run the rails 326 mm blades ust fine.

As for the RPM wire, thats a telemetry deal. I think with BX you have to have a telemetry module to get that to work.

sneezy007

Is Hobby Wing new? I've never heard of them but have seen a few of their ESC's on heli's in our club.

Cheers,
Dino

trainrider06

They have been around for years. Their esc's were always ok, but they seem to be pressing to make top of the line stuff now with their Platinum Pro series esc's. I sure like em, 3 of my heli's now have em!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I agree with Rodney, I like the HW Platium Pro series too. I have a 50a for the 450, 60a for the X3 and the 500 will have a 80a in the future. I'm going to switch out the Yep 80a on the 500 for the HW 80a when I have the funds to purchases one.

Top Bottom