I am new to rc world and need a lot of help

supercub

I have always loved planes since i was little,i am 64 now and my neighbor who was in navy and was a flight engineer, on the p2v neptunes was already into rc before he moved here from pennsylvania, got me started . I started out flying the champ, then the supercub have mayby 30 good minutes of flying time on it. Both george,and i have joined a local rc club been many times sometimes just to watch the veterans , fly the big warbirds and choppers. I do need help with terminology such as if i need too by a battery. Change a receiver, how to properly bind a plane etc. Everybody was a newby once, so please have patience with me. I will start off by asking this question can you damage your esc if you don,t bind the plane properly the first time you put power to it, and if you do damage it will it cause motor to run rough at low rpms.

Tony

Staff member
We are here to help! I don't care what the question is, just ask it, that is what we are here for. I do have quite a few videos, including "Lipo Batteries Explained" that can help you out in knowing what the battery terms mean.

:welcome1:

Derek

Hi there supercub! Welcome to the forum! You are right...everyone was new at some point. Two years ago, I was new. I certainly don't know it all but a lot of what I do know is because of this forum. Browse around and post your questions in the appropriate forum sections and I'm sure we'll be able to help sort out any confusions you run into.

Lee

Welcome to the forum Supercub.
The ESC shouldn't be damaged by the radio and plane not being bound properly. If its not bound, it just means the radio isn't communicating with the aircraft.

Top Bottom