Power Supply's HP DPS-600PB B 575W question

Smoggie

Chris, the switched AC lead would work just as well in the field. In actual use I found all that the extra switch added was an extra switch to operate without actually providing any benefit. Once you turn off the AC then the PSU is off anyway!

I've had the DPS-600PB setup for years any it's never missed a beat, definitely a fantastic and dirt cheap solution. I ended up having to upgrade though as it wasnt enough to power my iCharger 4010 duo, even trippling them up for 36V would have still been a bit short of power so i got a HP ESP-120 that knocks out 2950W... But it's MASSIVE! I still use the DPS-600PD set for my smaller charger.

Smoggie

PS.. another risk of having the individual PSUs switched and if you are using two PSU in series is that you might accidentally leave one off.
If you do leave one off then the charger still works (but with 12V input rather than 24V), current still passes through the 'off' PSU, but presumably because it's fan isn't running it overheats severely (ask me how I know). If using a series setup it's much safer to have both PSU's operated from one switch.

callsign4223

Staff member
I put a switch on mine, but that's just cause I wanted a giant fighter jet emergency switch thing cause it looked cool. :hdbng:

Top Bottom