How To Sleeve Your Wires

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

How To Sleeve Your Wires

I have been asked a couple times how I sleeve my wires. In all honesty, it's quite easy. However, some of the most simple of projects can seem complex when finished. For this reason, I have created this video on how I sleeved the wires on the Rc-Help Helicopter.

The sleeve I'm using in the video is 1/8" loom that I purchase 50' at a time. This was used on a satellite Rx wire. If you are doing servo wire, you will want to go with 1/4" loom for a clean look. Also, you will want to get the heat shrink that will be the correct size for the project you are using. Again, I purchase my heat shrink 50' at a time.

Take a look at the video and tell me what you think. Remember, if you have any "Quick Tip" suggestions, post them up and let me know. I have a list of them, but I will always try to get suggestions up before the ones I have planned.

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure why this wasn't published, but it's published now. Post up if you have any questions.

Karubah

Another good video Tony. That is the same process I use. The only other thing I do is apply a 1/2 second flame to the braid ends after I cut to length, I find this helps me stop the braid unravelling when pushing it over long lengths of wire. Probably just my clumsey fingers. lol.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, not your fingers. These things like to unravel like crazy. However in this case, I could not do that (tried lol) because it would not go over the plug. On larger wire, I do highly suggest doing just that. Another great tip is to use heat shrink that has glue in it, but I think I mentioned that in teh video. Not sure, have not watched it since I uploaded it around the first of the year lol. Like I posted above, not sure why it was not published.

Stambo

I have come up with another method I use for short wires to tidy things up.
A small twist tie, you can get some that look pretty tidy.
I was looking at my quad the other day and saw this one on my bench from when I had unpacked something so I thought I'd try it. I think with a bit more work it could be ok.
Now I need to go and find a source for a roll of it so I can spiral wrap the full length of my wires.

image.jpg

image.jpg

john2012

Banned
Well guys i just tried to sleeve my wires on my 450 sport and it will not work on the inside of the frame so im going to try it on the ele and the esc only and that looks to me the only two places it works

Top Bottom