Batteries How old is new?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey all. I know that new RC batteries or even vehicles sit on shelves at stores or warehouses for a while till they are bought. They must rotate the stock every once in a while...I assume. My question is that I have brand-new RC batteries never used in the box and wrapper that I had for over a year now that I bought on sale and was wondering if they are still good. How long can they sit without going bad or a cell not holding charge? Just curious before I use them on my RC vehicle.

RandyDSok

I don't recall ever hearing what the warehouse storage life expectancy is actually. I have heard they add a stabilizer that is neutralized during the first recharge cycles but other than that, the length of time I haven't a clue. If performing internet searches... I'd look primarily at 3rd party reviews/information before believing what an actual manufacturer may publish since they will want as optimistic number as they can say ( or make up ).

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I recently bought a set of 6s 10k mah lipos that I know were sitting way more than a year and no problem. I have lipos from 2013 still no puffing and charge and work fine. I wonder how long they actually sit and wait to be sold?? Good question

Top Bottom