450 How much play should i have in my tail.

orbi

yeah brand new heli. but i learned very quickly that it wasnt right at all. there were different screws in the framebolt type and screw type and none of them had thread lock on..... also the gyro was reversed and the slider was working wrong way.... it was a nightmare. the guys at my heli club put me right but i dont see them often enough.
I bought a second hand Pro which Needed building from scratch, its a much better machine than the sport by a long way. the sport head flybar holder and bearings are a joke ,ive gone thru 2 sets in a month. the best feature of the sport is the belt drive it has saved me a lot of damage etc. but its all plastic, im not impressed, ive had 2 servos just stop on me on the hover for no reason both within a week, pitch and tail both Align . ive replaced them with Turnigy 306mg HV $23 from hobbyking. eceptional value for HV s and o.48 speed with 3.2Kg torque. , aluminium body and ultra smoothe best servos for the money that ive seen mate. check em out. at HK

- - - Updated - - -

will check the static thing.....tho. and will take the tail apart. and sorry..... the speed of that servo is 0.048 sec
many thanks Lee take care.

- - - Updated - - -

I hover about 2 hours a day everyday. and Im slowly getting more relaxed and confident. its taken me a long time tho. but im getting there. my prob was getting the lift off. I hadnt enough confidence to actually lift it up. now its easy peasy. my stabilizers dont look much but they really work well . just waitin on the radio now. I got a spare Futaba T6 or the J6 but its way too complex to figure out and apparently you need a futaba only Rx, it wont link/bind with my Orange dsm2, its a different system ? i think fhss

Lee

They are good servos. i have been considering getting a set.
Specturm wont' work with Futaba and vice versa.
Let me know how things go.

orbi

yeah I put those on my Pro on the cyclic and 2 on the A1 & A2 on the sport. Yes Lee I also stripped off the tail and the 2 bearings were shot already.after just 6 weeks of hovering. one had almost nothing inside it... good job I stripped it. bought 4 new ones from Align for £3.25 the set comes tues.). also ordered a full metal tail HK complete for £7.50 ( i dont know how they do it for that) I know its probably not the best but hey its metal and I ll just keep an eye on it!
I had a couple of other bearings that were exact the same size , now the tail has no wobble at all. works like silk now with no play.

Lee

Good to hear yo got rid of the slop. I have bearing issues in my tail at the moment. About to fix it, when i get time.

orbi

yeah Lee the 2 bearings ( one was worse than the other) had to be replaced. really bad wear on one. The heli is a " PLUS" 450 Align but I wish I hadnt bought it. Real cheaply made. mostly plastic stuff , tail housing and brackets that swing the tail blades are plastic. the best thing about it is the belt drive! now if Align were to make a PRO with a belt drive that would be the one eh?

Top Bottom