600 how long do tail belts last

murankar

Staff member
I would change it. I would not want to chance dry rot. If the belt is not stretch and return to shape defiantly change it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

I'm not familiar with that helicopter very well but I did a bit of checking. You didn't specify what belt, so I didn't know if you were talking about a belt that goes through the boom, like my Align 500, or if you were talking about a drive belt. Regardless, I did some checking. I looked at A Main Hobbies, they are either out of belts for the Raptor 50 or they don't carry them. I checked Heli Direct, their website is still down for maintenance. I checked ExperienceRC, they have a drive belt for $30. If that's the belt you are referring to, I would surely just go ahead and replace it. Just like on your vehicle, belts stretch, wear out, and dry rot.

Here is the link to ExperienceRC:

AK0089 Tail Drive Belt R30

Now, I did see that it says "R30" in the part number. That may be for a Raptor 30, I honestly don't know.

Regardless...I would get a new belt.

Derek

Its the belt that goes to the tail. Im going to replace it I just dont trust it.

I had a feeling that you were referring to the tail belt. I didn't find any at the site that I looked at. However, tail belts are rather inexpensive. I think you'll be much happier and much more confident with a brand new tail belt. Those belts should be cheap enough, you could even buy two so that you have a spare. I try to keep 1 spare belt on hand.

murankar

Staff member
Belts have a tendency to last awhile, unless you fly a lot. Some people like to spray the belt with silicone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom