Horizon Hobby

heli-maniac

got to love the great customer service they offer
i bought a second Blade Nano cpx wile im waiting for the BL motor to get back to me for the first one
got it in the mail today went to set it all up and it will not bind
so i call HH and talk to a rep and tell him what is going on with it
so he looks up a few things and comes back and said a new board will be mail out to you tomorrow
Im loving that place they did the same on a 130 board that i had go bad a few months ago
we chatted a little about the BL kit i did to my first nano told him what was up with it and that i had herd good things on the bl kits he wants me to call back and let them Know how it works out with the BL kit and do kinda a review of it with the BL kit
sounds like they may be getting ready to do a BL nano

Microbus

I called them yesterday after the motor in my mSRX went bad. After being on hold for a few minutes I was able to leave a call-back number so I didn't have to sit on hold. They called me back in about 15 minutes and after I told the dude my problem he offered to send me a new motor free of charge. The rep never read from a script and never had to put me on hold to ask a supervisor if he was authorized to replace my motor. They definitely provide good customer service!

Tony

Staff member
This is the exact reason I purchased my mcpx, DX8 and other things straight from them and not from another retailer. If they are willing to give that kind of customer service, I will pay a couple penny's more. Even though I did not pay more, it was actually cheaper when I got everything. Great company.

heli-maniac

yep thats were i bought my first real radio the DX6I and then my DX8 and a few parts here and there
they do a great job to get you taken care of

Lee

I love the fact that they give good customer service, but why are all these damaged, faulty items getting out to the customers in the first place?

Tony

Staff member
because it's mass production and things like this happen on the first large run of items. Just look at your Warp... Just like Horizon, they are making it right. However there are way more customers with 130x's than there are Warps so the warp owners can just send out the parts to the buyers.

Lee

But the Blades are ready built helis that i thought were suppose to be test flown before being sent out?

Westy

LEGEND
I love the fact that they give good customer service, but why are all these damaged, faulty items getting out to the customers in the first place?

Great minds think alike..... I was reading though all the issues and was thinking hmmm ... no align mentioned in there or no Goblin or Tarot ....

I would be asking them more not about the service ... I would like to RAVE about the quality of the products they sell that do not break.

How about they offer you to send back the heli at their cost and they give you are full refund - so ya can save the anguish and save to buy a decent product. Better still if you do buy htem, they shoudl simply show you they are rubbish by shipping them with a complete set of new electronics and blades so you know that when (Not If) it crashes due to component failure.... you got it covered and your downtime is low!

Lol ..... I just don't have the time of patience to put myself through the trauma Lol - Ohhhh I have a headache :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I agree.. their customer support is awesome.. But their quality control is poor.

There is a difference between a design flaw and a manufacturing defect. These are all manufacturing defects. These shouldnt be this high.. Its not like they are charging a LOW price on the products and spares, to give them a little slack.. YOU SPEND A TON .. lol :D

so I dont know.. Frsutrates me sometimes. I have never had a complain with thier customer support though. VERY helpful!! Very responsive and man accomodating. BUT that doesnt give them the right to have bad QUALITY Control. :D

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You know I've never had an issue with HH. Of course I mostly buy parts from them! I have however bought my SR120 and my Hanger9 p-51 PTS from them. If you think about it. A Blade is mostly an entry level heli. How many people that don't know what they are doing compared to people that do buy these helis? A lot I bet! So they crash bang and give up before they learn how to fly! Big profit for blade!

RMB677

I've always had quick service from HH. When new my Blade 450 had a bad gyro and they replaced it ASAP. I also appreciate their method of calling you back rather than sitting on hold.

BOKI

breeze 400; I have the 120sr & it had issues & I called Horizon Hobby & asked if they would put out a fix for the problem & I would even purchase it & they never did do that! But they do treat you very well on most things & have good service!

Westy

LEGEND
A Blade is mostly an entry level heli. How many people that don't know what they are doing compared to people that do buy these helis? A lot I bet! So they crash bang and give up before they learn how to fly! Big profit for blade!

Companies look at it all wrong .... they should look at each customer as a potential $1000 Plus customer as if they made decent products ..... and even offered training and skill building services, they would make more money out of a customer base that would be exponentially grow and marketing costs would eventually drop due to "EVERYBODY" raving about the awesome company that just Sold, helped and Trained them to fly...... that is how you build a strong customer base IMHO.

they could do online flight training sessions with thier clients (Huge Sales for PhoneixRc) ... teach them how to confirgure thier systems .... the works. = Why not the customers deserve it

BOKI

Westy; I heard a Hobby Shop lady behind the counter laugh when you said you crashed & broke a few things ! I got lot's of parts on hand! Heard her tell her husband I'll take his money I don't care! Well I don't go there & they mostly sold Blade Helicopters! Her and her husband didn't know hardly anything about Transmitters Or Helicopters! Just wanted your money! No service Either! The Best Dave

Top Bottom