HK450GT Crash

Adam

So i had a great weekend flying in the wind or i should say hovering. I got pretty good so i took it to the back yard where i have alot more space and would turn it right and then turn it left and fly it forward going left and right and then bring it back tail in lol. well of course i made a mistake and came down from 10 feet. So far damage minimal One cf blade and one cheap cylic servo. Havent checked the feathering shaft or main shaft yet. But i will share this what a blast to just fly it around. the wife came out a little bit and watched but when i have someone watching im not as good lol. I put it away and will repair it this week. Oh ya total flights was 9 batteries so mission accomplished i will deal with one crash.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's better than me! I had one every second or third flight! Happens! Almost bet the main shaft ad feathering are gone.

Don't know if you know this . One good way to feathering shaft is without taking it apart, with a hex from one side just start rotating it.. Put your hand on the blade grips and feel for any play. Of its true the blade grips won't have a up down warp movement.. Repair ift and get back on ye air man!! :)

:)

Adam

I think i get lucky cause I dont take any chances. But it seems I am starting to get a little more in my comfort zone taking chances. Hey cant learn if we don't fall right. And thank you gaba for the advice. So far this is still the first feathering shaft since the build and i replaced the original one from the kit when i did the build. And it was more of a rough landing than a crash. It just wasnt square to the ground if you know what i meen.

murankar

Staff member
Yep, done a few of those. Bent the tail shaft twice. So far been lucky since the training wheels came off.

Adam

Ya I have a tail boom dent from the last time i landed rough and broke a main blade lol it didnt bend so it just has a war wound i call it.

murankar

Staff member
I bent the tail rotor shaft. The part the belt wraps around. Funny thing is I don't think I bent the main or feathering shaft. I have no excessive vibration on it that can tell. The last two videos I posted were well after that happened. For some reason you cant buy just the shaft, you have to get the entire rotor housing with belt and all to get it. so now I have two extra housings and belts along with one shaft. good to have extra parts.

murankar

Staff member
I was sticking with hobby shops. I would have liked to have gotten an Align shaft, but since my last repair I have been doing really well with landing more square on the skids. Although I have had a couple close calls since taking off the training gear.

UPDATE: My idle up does work. My mid stick in both id and normal modes are really close and my speed controller will not allow the heli to id if the throttle is all the way down.

Top Bottom