HK450gt build, head

Adam

When taking the head apart and loctiting everything should i measure all the connecting rods to the align 450SEV2 specs? at least i found something out on rebuilding the tail housing because it would lock up from the factory but i found a video that explained that problem.

Lee

Start with the 450se manual setting then adjust from there to give you a level swash and 0º pitch

Adam

awesome Lee I just wanted to confirm that idea and since you have built two your knowledge as always is greatly appreciatiated.

Adam

On this align ds520 servo for the tail. Has anyone had to replace one from wear and tear or can it hold up to a small crash? I see they are about 40 bucks.

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure if you are in a bad enough crash, you could damage the case or gears, but you should be okay with it. it's a great servo.

murankar

Staff member
When I had my unintentional spool up I ended up stripping the gears on impact. I ordered 2 sets of ds520 replacement gears for about $14.87 shipped from amainhobbies.com. If you happen to take it apart pay attention to the reassembly of the servo. I had one gear set upside down and the case would not go together. Other than that it is rather straight forward to rebuild it. I also was able to do the rebuild with the servo still on the heli. I did however unplugged it from the gyro just because.

Top Bottom