HK450GT Before & After

Tony

Staff member
I posted this in the heli section for a little tutorial of what went on with the helicopter, but thought I would post it here since it is in fact a video.

On this helicopter, I have replaced everything on teh running gear plus the tail boom with Align. Let me tell you, being a flybar helicopter, that's saying something. It's just SO simple to fly and very easy to control. Hell, I'm not any where near 3D and I was able to pull off two back flips and a front flip with this thing. And they looked decent. Needs collective management. Not enough negative pitch. I think I yanked the rudder on the first one, but not sure.

But here is the before and after. The before is just a random video when I got my glasses. The second is with the new helical 11T pinion, 121T helical main, align auto gear, align tail drive gear, align v3 front tail block, align boom, align belt and align tail shaft. I"m hoping that it will spin a little easier and more free after the belt breaks in. I can already feel a difference.

As for the idle up issue, I found out that I had set my ESC up when I had my T-Curve at 0 40 75 75 75, so 75 was 100% throttle according to the ESC. I have now fixed that so I have my normal at 0 50 50 50 50, IU1 at 70 70 70 70 70 and IU2 at 100 100 100 100 100. I'm interested in seeing how it does at 50% now lol.

Flying & Glasses Audio Test - YouTube

HK450GT After Rebuild First Flips - YouTube

Top Bottom