450 HK450 help, aligning/setup

RC-J89

Hi I am new to rchelp & to Rc helis & trying to get my HK450 setup correctly.
I am using a Fly Sky T6 radio. I bought the heli off ebay & it was crashed, had to replace the blade holder. The problem I currently am having is getting the heli to hover. Also something is messed up & haven't been able to pinpoint it, the main rotor assem wobbles a little but the main shaft isn't bent & am not sure what causes that. Also after I get the heli in the air and hovering the heli is cocked on an angle as if I were banking to the left, I also noticed that I can see 2 lines from the main rotor as if 1 blade was lower than the other.
I would really appreciate any help, been trying to get this setup for a while now & have been through 3 sets of blades.

- - - Updated - - -

O, & I watched Tony's video on youtube "How to Completely Setup A CCPM Helicopter DX6i & OrangeRX"

murankar

Staff member
First the tilt is natural due to torque and the tail preventing the heli from spinning.

The blades are not tracking properly. One blade has more pitch than the other at center stick. Fix that by adjusting the links going to the blade grips. To know which one to fix, just mark it with colored tape such as red or some other visible color. Spool up to a hover (or light on the skids). If the color taped blade is running high then it has to much pitch. If it is running low then it does not have enough pitch.

The wobble depends on the setup you have. We need to know if your on fly bared or a fly barless system. Each has its own solutions. Also what kv motor do you have and what is your pinion size.

I had that issue on a flybar which was due to a low head speed setup.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

RC-J89

I have a flybar head. I checked both blades with my pitch gauge & they both read the same. I did a nose dive & broke my blades so I got to replace them before I do any more testing, also somehow when the blades broke one or both whacked the tail & bent it pretty bad so I gotta replace that to.

murankar

Staff member
If your blades are not tracking well then you need to adjust linkages. I had an EXI 450 pro with a dead on setup. Once I got it spooled up I had tracking issues. Get that solved then fly it and see what happens. That one thing might solve some of your other issues.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom