450 HK450 GT PRO - setting up customer whoas...

Westy

LEGEND
Hey guys .... got the Above Heli here and have had it in bits .... man .... what frustrating drama ....

Inspected the head main gear assembly and had to replace it with a new align one as I was not happy with amount of flop it had. I have just finished looking over the head and the washout swash linkages have way too much play for me ..... it has about 3mm play and when you move the swash with your servos .... there is a big delay as you go up until the linkages all take up and move.....

I am not sure how good this heli is going to fly in the current state.

Everything else seems to be fine .... but those linkages are bugging the heck out of me ... I might video the guy who owns it to show him what I have found and see what he wants to do ..... I mean ... how much money do you throw at this thing!

then I have to set it up with Flymentor pilot assist 3 axis gyro .....

still mucking around with the radio to get all the curves sorted ...... as have a few issues with hte config on ER9X .... will sort it out though ....

Part 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
Update .... found some issues with the washout fulcrums that go to the swash.... had to sort that out by stripping them down and thread locked the fulcrum pins back into place as they have come adrift ............. Problem solved......

Lowered the swash 3 turns to get equidistant start point at 50% collective with ID1 position......

Adjusted my pitch range to stop washout hitting the head block .....

............. now I have not got enough stroke on the servo arms to give me 22 degrees pitch range. :(

This is because ( I did no notice) the guy who assembled it has only got the servo links hanging of the 2nd hole out from the centre...... this means there is not enough travel to the swash due to not a lot of movement coming out of the fulcrum lever. I will sort that out now ... and move back onto the set up from scratch again :(.... ah well it is what it is.

Moral of this story is ...... Never ... Ever trust the the previous assembly is correct. Check everything out ... everything! :)

Right back to the cave to remove servos and reposition linkages. GRRRRRR :) - Nah I love it!!!!! ReallY Ha ha

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
Ok ... head all set up now ... had to drop the swash about 6mm (9-12 turns onthe links) to get it to balance out on pitch and now getting the full 22 degrees + & - pitch.

so now just got to hook up all the FLymentor stuff and give it a fly - The Fun part :) ... better get back to it.

Westy

LEGEND
Here is the first video of the repair.....

I have now sorted out the ER9x mixing issues and have sorted out the Flymentor software and physical setup .... it is quite tricky and no information... but nutted it out.

will get some more vids out soon as I get time.

I will put all the Vids in the first part of the thread.

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
UPDATE: - I have fitted a Curtis Youngblood Mini-G Gyro to the heli and by passed the KDS as I could not get the performance the Servo deserved! Just waiting on a set of new Washout Arms as one of them had a crack through the ball joint which I missed on my first pass over the heli.... So the repair has ground to a halt until the pats come from Hobby King.

I will post a vid in the next few days of the re-mounting of the KDS CCD camera to accommodate the Mini G Gyro.

Top Bottom