450 HK450-GT MAIDEN AND CRASH

fireman7234

It comes down to 2 things. How much can you spend and availability of parts. First helis are as much an exercise in building them as learning to fly them. I started out on a Blade 130x and then 180cfx. They have both been totally rebuilt many many times. Other than the 180 motor and both ESCs everything's been replaced at least once if not 4 times.
If parts are still available I'd stick with what you have purely on a cost perspective. If parts are getting scarce then it's time to step up. The newer machines are really nice to fly and handle great but you will be rebuilding them as well.

I can still find parts for it but since I got it tore down might as well put real align parts back in it but time I do that I could buy a flybarless kit cheaper this hobby king clone has a lot of slop in the head even since I put align bearings in it

Tony

Staff member
If it was me, I would not use that motor. It's just too much RPM at 3800kv. See if you can pick up a 450mx 3400kv motor. More power, lower head speed and holds the head speed pretty well. But that is just me. You can use the motor you have to get you by.

the one thing about flying rc heli, is you get to learn how to build them. lol
even after you learn to get over the nervousness, you still will have a brain fart. Just buried my goblin 700 in the snow. Was that your wife watching? They like to watch at first, I guess they wanna see where all the monies going.

fireman7234

Yes sir that's was my wife she was laughing when it crashed said my whole body posture changed said I looked like someone shot my dog lol
I have two fixed pitch helis that I can fly decent but that collective pitch is a while other animal plus the more cost had my nerves shot lol

vyrnguy

sorry to hear of your crash, none the less your budget friendly heli has inspired me to try the cheap route, hopefully my wallet wont burn out so soon. lol

Top Bottom