hk 450gt build

Adam

Ok so I am almost done with my build. But i have a pitch problem. I have 0 pitch at mid stick but I have pos 5 and neg 13. I tried using the swash mix on the tx and that got me nowhere lol. Any videos or instructions would be awesome. Can't wait to post maiden on here it was an exciting build and really got to know my heli

murankar

Staff member
for the positive pitch go into swash mix and adjust the pitch to something higher than 60. That will add positive pitch, it will raise the swash, then check with pitch gauge. For the negative pitch will have to adjust the length of the ball links from the servos to the swash. All three links will be adjusted the same amount of turns. If after your positive pitch adjustment you show a high number of negative you will need to shorten you servo ball links until you get the desired amount of pitch. Tony has a video of his exi 450 pro TT where he explains how to make this adjustment. This video is over an hour long, so if you go to about the 45 minute mark and watch he will explain how to do this.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Adam

Well I was halfway there thank you. So once i have the positive pitch set and adjust the negative pitch it won't change positive. And also will half stick 0 pitch be affected? First time building my own can ya tell.

murankar

Staff member
I just did my first build also. It shouldn't change but you should always double check just in case. I do not think I had issues after adjusting the ball links. Also during this part of the adjustment I attempted to limit how many times I removed the links. Too much mucking with this part and you could be buying new ball links. Just take your time and keep rechecking as you go.

Lee

Sounds like the servo arms are not in the middle of the servo movement. Did you switch the servos on and centre the sticks before putting the arms on?? It might be that you had the stick in the wrong place or had the TX not set up properly before putting them on. Pitch mix will increase or decrease the swashplate travel but it won't alter the difference between +&-.
Check these things first and we can move on from there.
Lee

Tony

Staff member
With the negative being higher, the swash is too low. do as lee stated and make sure your servos are all 90* from the links, and we mean exactly. You will use the crap otu of the sub trim to do this. Then, set the mid stick value to 0* and check high and low. If the high is bigger, lower the swash plate, if the low is bigger, raise the swash plate. After every time of adjusting the links to get the swash at the correct level, you will have to adjust your blade grips at mid stick to get back to 0* pitch. Then you will check it again. Do it this way, and you will have a perfectly setup head. It takes a while, but is well worth it. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Oh, and at this time, don't worry about the swash mix. That is to gain or lower the positive and negative pitch values AFTER you have the links setup.

Adam

Yes all my Serbia are perfect 90 so now that the negtative is bigger I should increase all cyclic rods to raise the swash correct. ANd then go and setup 0 pitch at mid stick and check pos and neg again and repeat as necessary correct. And once i have pos and neg equal and lets say its not +10 & -10?

Tony

Staff member
If it's not at 10* on both positive and negative, that is where you will use your swash mix to adjust the travel. As for everything else you stated, you are right on point. Keep it up, and this thing will be in the air in no time.

Adam

Umm since your advice is flying two more things. I have to adjust or limit the travel of my tail rudder cause it is bending the connection rod. SEcond the plastic canopy is garbage the main gear rubs on it big time so I am modifying the razor fiberglass canopy cause it is a perfect fit

Tony

Staff member
Just use the end point adjustment to adjust the tail unless you are using a MEMS Gyro. Then you will use teh gyro settings to do that. And if you can get the fiberglass canopy to work, then yes, it will be much better.

Adam

Awesome guys thanks for the help. I have everything dialed in now clean up the guts. Modify canopy check blade tracking and my first build complete. And yes I will film the first maiden hover its been awhile since the the erazor was flying so this will be like starting over.

Top Bottom