Hi

Simon

Hi Admiral'
I've owed a few models im my time planes, gliders and heli's like picolo, concept sr 30, 4 different planes some gliders but i can't really fly anything, i can hover my 120SR in the living room and fly it though doors with a 50/50 if it gets through in one piece.
I only own heli's now blade 120 sr, blade 400 3d. and some coaxial that i'm not interested in.

I was having great fun with the 120 sr until my spektrum dx6i developed a bad potentiometer, so i brought a new dx6 from ebay, but that will not bind to my 120 sr :(

Admiral

Hi Simon, Sounds like you need a SIM to minimise the damage while you learn, the Blade 400 is also a good helicopter to learn on although they are getting a bit old and you may have trouble with spares.
I had a couple of 120's and they bound to the DX8 OK, have you tried all the tricks, putting the Tx well away from the model, tried it from the Bind button & the Menu selection, tried both Frame Rates 11ms & 22ms.

I have had some models that have taking a lot of mucking around to get them to bind, it seems to be more of an Art than a Science.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Simon, I see on the other thread that you have found the problem, maybe you need a Tx from either USA or Australia as they do not have comply to EU standards and the older ones were actually switchable between the EU & US.
I have checked our local distributor and the New DX6 still supports DSM2 & DSMX with no plans to change in the foreseeable future.

Heliman450

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the Forum. Looks like you could already be getting the help you require via Admiral. Buying stuff from e-bay is always difficult, indeed anything secondhand is always not a good idea unless you know and trust the person selling it. I was given a Futuba Tx. by a new colleague when I was in Singapore a while back. I recently discovered a problem inside it when I stripped it down. He gave it to me in all good faith and it didn't cost me anything apart from me not knowing if my crashes were my fault or the Tx. problem.

There was an article in this August's Model Helicopter World where the issue of the DSM2 & DSMX situation featured.

Good luck with the problem, let us know if you get it fixed.
Heliman450

Simon

Hi Guy's'
So from what you have just said Admiral about your distributor kind of confirms its a EU reg only. so all EU countries :( just another reason of many to get out of the EU as fast as possible.

Here is a quote from the supplier when i asked why i cant bind anything.

"DSM2 which are no longer supported with any new Spektrum radio which have DSMX modulation only, this is due to the new EU legislation which has been in effect since 15th of Jan 2015 this can be confirmed by Horizon Hobby UK"

I hope to be getting my new pre jan 2015 DX6 transmitter today. its from ebay but its the same company i got the DSMX only transmitter from and they are replacing it for me to include the DSM2. :)

Top Bottom