Hi, I'm jdogg58

jdogg58

This is my first visit to "RC Help" I hope i'm doing everything right, I'm a little older then most so I get confused on the Lingo. But anyway I Had a bad crash with my Large 30' Copter and I put it back together and It wouldn't get any lift. So I called Tech support and they weren't to helpful, they told me to put in a new Circuit board, I did. then they said to put in a new inner shaft, I did. but I noticed that the Tail Rotor wasn't spinning and my outer shaft wobbles a little bit So with the tail rotor they're sending me another circuit board, I'm confused on what to do to get it back in the air again.

rchelipilot

Hi Jdogg58, welcome. Sounds familiar. If you can get a picture or two of the swashplate servo links and post in the helicopter section with the brand name of the bird and the transmitter you are using would be great. I think that would be a 450 size heli.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
welcome aboard! like rc heli said, some photo's might be helpful, and in case you didn't already do this, post a thread in the heli section of this forum, and i'm sure you will get more responses! again welcome aboard and we will try to do our best to help! :)

Aregorn1

:welcome1: aboard jdogg58

You will find that many of us here on RCH are older and just getting into RC. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, my dad used to tell me that 'the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask'. and that is true here.

Michael

jdogg58

I was told by they're tech support that there isn't a swash plate It go's foreward and turns because of the tail rotor which isn't working,they swear it's the circuit board there sending me a third one as we speak. I uploaded a pic of my Bird but can't figure out how to post it. can someone help me....thank you

jdogg58

being new to this site I don't know where anything is, can someone let me know how to get on the HeLi section of the forum, also I uploaded a pic of my chopper but that's as fat as it went I couldn't see how to post it.....Thank - yousorry for all the Questions

- - - Updated - - -

This is my pain in the Butt,I didn't know the pic would be so big, it's a syma S33 I had a crash and now the tail rotor won't turn, which I think that's a lot of the problem. also I have a little bit of wobble in the outer shaft but my gears are fine all the way around.

010.jpg

jdogg58

To TailDragger- Thanks for your suggestion but how do I get to the XHeLi section and how do I upload a smaller photo of my chopper,Because Tech support at Syma is as useful as **** on a Bull. LOL

Stambo

I think from memory my large coax tail did not spin until I wanted it to move forward or backwards.
In other words not until it was off the ground.
For some reason you are not generating enough lift from your main blades.
They are not turning fast enough?
I am not being a smartass here but is you battery fully charged, do you have a way to test it?
Are the blades on the right way and in the right place? It's hard to tell from the pic, maybe a slightly angled top down pic would help.
Maybe the throttle needs calibrating, not sure if this is required on s33.

PS Tony might like to move this to the heli section and put a link to it here so Jdog can find it. :)

jdogg58

Thanks Stambo, I installed a new circuit board today and finally I got my tail Blade to spin. The wobbleing in the outer shaft seemed to stop, I also got it to lift about 10 feet then it would come down to the ground? I don't have any way of testing the Battery all I do is put it on the charger for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and when the green light goes off it's supposed to be charged, Do you think it could be a faulty Battery?
And as far as the Blades They look the same I could have them on wrong. There not like my smaller Helicopters where you can tell by looking at them. I could try for the hell of it Tomorrow switch my Blades and see what happens.

Stambo

If it flies I would say the blades are probably right?
I think your next step is a battery check.
How do you decide when it's time to land, do you run until it flies no more or do you have a set time and then land?
How many times have you charged the battery?

Do you have a local hobby shop or a friend that could test it for you?
A second or third battery might be a good idea.
I assume you have only one.

Last edited:

jdogg58

Yes I only have 1 Battery, Before the crash I would fly it until it wouldn't Lift anymore, Then I would charge it and fly some more. I'm not sure how often but I charged it probably just under 2 dozen times. if I replaced the battery, would I have to get the very same one? or would a Larger one work or would it damage the chopper? that's a good idea I'm getting ready to call my local hobby shop to see if they can test it.
The problem is my Hobby shop doesn't carry "Syma" products or parts, I'll have to order them from California plus S&H, thanks for the e-mail you've given me another avenue to try.

jdogg58

I Think I finally found out my problem, Syma ,who I bought my Chopper from sell crappy Circuit boards. Now besides the circuit board it came with, Their sending me a third one, the first one they sent me no difference, the second one they sent me, I got the Tail prop to work still not getting any lift. I switched the plugs on the motors cause bottom blade was running slower then the top, when I switched them the bottom blade went like a bat out of Hell the plug on the circuit board is bad, now on this 3rd C-board if this don't do the trick I don't know what I'm going to do.....probably use it as a paper weight.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
sorry if this is a worthless post... but around fathers day last year i got myself, and my dad a battle combo heli set... upon the very first flight of his heli it just would lift. After much trouble I found out that the screws holding the main shafts were loose, after tightening it up it worked fine. I can say with confidence that you will find these birds a pain, however if you don't mind soldering/ tons of work you can keep them running for quite a while. hope this gives some room for thought, and wish you luck!

Tony

Staff member
The simple truth is, 3ch heli's are not that well made and should be over looked. I as well started out with those and I have been meaning to trash both of them, but just never got around to it. Maybe this weekend is the time when I get to put these things out of their misery. Do yourself a favor and get a Blade mCX or mSR or something like that. They are great helicopters. Even the Blade 120sr is a good heli to learn on. After a coax of course.

jdogg58

Your right about that Tony, I had a Blade mcx & a mcx2,great copters no problem with them, But they're not top practical outdoors unless there's no wind. So I got in my head I wanted to try a bigger chopper so I could take it outside, cause our house is small. so I went on line and found a 30'' bird for with S&H about $75.00,you get what you pay for. See I'm on Disability so I can only spend what I can. I really enjoy your website it's a pleasure to talk to people that actually know what they're talking about, and not these Tech support people that talk in circle's.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks I don't know, you gave me food for thought I'll take a look at the screws at the base of the shaft.....thanx

Tony

Staff member
In all reality, any fixed pitch helicopter is not going to do well in any kind of wind. The wind will hit those blades and push that thing all over the place. Outside helicopters are more collective pitch with airfoil blades. so no matter what size the bird, you will need calm winds to fly them out doors. No matter what, we are here to help when things go wrong. Just post it in the correct section is all we ask.

Top Bottom