Hi from Eloy AZ

thepackerjoe

My brother sent me here he is walt from maryland. I have been flying my Blade sr120 for almost 3 years have Racon frame , complete racon head, racon tail motor mount both racon heat sinks the ball bearing motor and i made a solid tail boom. My old roommate use to fly Helis really good. taught me alot about balancing and what not. Got a blade sr and havent had much luck. have realized that when i go online looking for help everyone acts like a pro but heve got alot of bad info. my brother sent me here. had a real flight sim didnt have any models in have got the phoenix flight i like it but im using my dx6i and cant seem to get the full flight mode to work.last time put the sr together i did hover it 3 times before i crashed into 3 pieces

Tony

Staff member
Welsome to the forum Joe! I know what you mean about those other forums, that is why RCH exists. I got tired of those other places, and created this forum. No matter what the question, just post up and let us know what you need help with, that is what we are here for.

:welcome1:

Barge

Welcome aboard Joe, plenty of professional help here and I hope you get it all sorted, cheers.

Imzzaudae

Welcome.
I'm Ron. Also quite new to rc-help forum but I have been flying for quite some time. And have been very active in the helifreak forums. I have created a tutorial for 120SR you should read.
120SR SETUP, SERVICE & FLYING LINKS FOR NEWBIES
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=496890

This should help you. Given you have heavily modified the helicopter and installed a Racon high performance flybar.
Doing so without drastically reducing aileron and elevator throws makes the helicopter respond violently to cyclic input.

Not a good tendency for a trainer and newcomers to helicopter. Consider reducing the DR settings buy about 1/2.

So in the DX6i if you have Aileron and Elevator DR set at 100 Expo 30 Cut the DR back to 50 and see if the helicopter feels better. If it's to spongy feeling up the Aileron and Elevator DR 10 and see how it feels.

If you are still having problems PM me and I will help you get the helicopter flying.
Ron

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
Welcome to RCH. +1 on what Tony said. I am a newb to the hobby and have felt very welcome here and I have received very professional advice and help from everyone here. You have come to the right place my friend!

Admiral

Welcome to the forum, the Blade SR was my stumbling block when I was learning, I ended up learning on a 450 then coming back to the SR!

thepackerjoe

I have a blade sr120 i have had for about 3 years rakon head assembl, rakon frame , rakon tail motor mount, the ball bearing motor and rakon heat shields, home made solid tail boom and i use nano-nech 600 mah batteries. with a dx6i radio setup on a airplane setting. my old room mate programed the radio for me it worked good. started messing with a heli setup. erased my plane program by accident. it wolked better. have tried several programs without much luck. putting one in someone on thes fourm just gave me. anso have a blade sr havent had much liock at all. got phoenix fligjt sim to practice realised some of my controls were reversed. hovered it for the first time a couple weeks ago. ran about 3 batterys before i crashed it. cant seem to get the sim to fly in stunt mode for the sr. and the sr120 is nothing like my sr120any one have any suggestions. I also have a broken dx6i for parts if any one needs any. would rather trade for parts i need

thepackerjoe

IMG_0033.jpgIMG_0323.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is my old roommate at my old house

- - - Updated - - -

This is my old roommate at my old house

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom