Hi from Denver,Colorado

Jamman

My name is Ron,i am into r/c since the mid eighties,on and off.Started with a Off Road 4wheel drive Ninja,made by Marui,what a blast that was.
About 6or7 years ago i bought an AeroBird,fun fun,after my buddy saw it,he had to trump me with a helicopter.He bought the Blade CP,so...i had to buy one too.
Big mistake,should have bought a fixed pitch first.Anyhow,after about 2 month of daily practice(3-4 batteries) i was able to hover it tail in,awesome,never got it past side view hover,never flew circles,just crashed.:( Dont wonna think about the money i spend to get there,had no flightsim.
My buddy was never able to hover it,he upgraded to a T-Rex,but it just got more expencive.After he past away a few years ago,i totaly got out of the hobby.(rest his soul in piece)

Last christmas my groccerie store sold a 3 channel micro heli for 18 bucks,it looked just like my Blade CP,so i said what the heck and bought one.First i was confused by the different control(right stick).After realizing that you only have to throttle it and steer away from things,i could do nose in hovers and fly circles,wow,thats when the heli bug bit me again.
So,next day i am going to the hobby store and buy me a Blade CMX2,a week later a Blade MSR and a DXi6,3 weeks ago a Nano CPX and finally a Nano QX.
The Nano cpx is my favorite,after about 100 flights my motor finally gave up,had to help on spullup,no power and it sounded funny,so i changed it.Looking forward to the test flight,i was disapointed that after a few seconds it started to do the same thing,no power.
So after reading here on the forum (thanks guys)that you should brake in the motor to get full power,i finished the batterie hovering,while later tried another batterie,but it got worse,figured that i got a new bad motor.
This morning,after reading here about cracked boards and stuff,i decided to give it another look,peel off the body and first thing i see is the motor plug came out,guess just the tips of the plug connected slidly.
After rubber cementing it to the board(didnt knew i had to) all is good again,flys like new.:)
Still can only hover the cpx like i did my cp,but i can do nose ins,circles and 8's with my msr.Just waiting for a calm day to take 'em outside.

Glad i keeped my Blade cp,Blade CP Pro which is almost new,crashed only once,just broken landing gear,still got a bunch of parts for them,almost gave it all away a few years ago.I also have an unfinished Thunder Tiger e325 3D,which i HAD to buy to compete with my buddys T-Rex. ;)
So you guys have fun and GO BRONCOS GO.
Ron

Tony

Staff member
Hey Ron, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got into it (the heli's) like a lot of us did. Jump in head first and drown for a while. Then back up and do things correctly. We have pretty much all been there.

I am sorry to hear about your buddy, it sucks losing someone. Been there too many times myself. Part of life I guess.

The collection you have now, adn the way you are doing things is exactly the way to do it. I would suggest a flight sim though just because you can push yourself harder on there than you normally would. Phoenix is what I would suggest since you have the DX6i. Great simulator and quite a few of us get on there and fly from time to time.

The mSR is the helicopter that put me over the "hump". It was because of that helicopter that I was finally able to "fly". Just keep at it and you will have that CP doing things that you never thought it could do in yoru hands. Just give it time and take it slow.

:welcome1:

Derek

Hi there Ron! Welcome to the forum!

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your flying buddy. That really sucks. However, it sounds like you are still trying to progress. You've definitely come a long way and it sounds like you have some quality stuff. If you can, I strongly recommend getting a flight simulator. Many of us have Real Flight and/or Phoenix 4.0. These simulators have helped me greatly.

If you get time...share some pictures of your heli's.

pvolcko

Welcome to the forum! :)

And condolences on the self imposed drubbing the Broncos just suffered. Wow, that was brutal to watch.

cml001

Welcome! I miss Denver soooo much. I'm back in the south now, but used to live in Denver(Westminster, Aurora, and downtown). Lol... Got me all nostalgic in the brain... Anyhow.. Welcome!

Jamman

Thx for the welcome :)
I also bought the RF G4 flightsim shortly before i quit,never really used it until recently,helped me a lot.Saved allready thousends on practicing inverted. ;) Found some old pics from my 10+ year old brushless 2whl dr RC10,post them in the appropiate place soon.My Thunder Tiger needs some serious cleaning after sitting on the shelf for years,wonder where all that dust came from.:)
Sorry for all my mistakes and my funny english,I grew up in Berlin,Germany and live in the states since 1985.
Later.....

cml001

Paul, don't you be crack'n on my Denver Colts!! That was a horrid game.... just awful..

Lee

Hi Ron,
Welcome to the forum. You've got a tidy little fleet there. Keep us up to date on your progress. :)

murankar

Staff member
At one time like 33 years ago I was a Seahawks fan, well as much as a 6 year old from cleveland ohio could be. And I have not forgotten about the afc championship. Besides all that welcome to RCH and share some pics and videos along the way.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom