Hey Tony, you all right

RandyDSok

I just called Tony... currently he is all right and thinks it will be fine unless the wind shifts in his direction.

Tony

Staff member
I'm located at 72nd and Cemetery and the fire was started at 120th and Cemetery which is about 4 miles east of me. If the wind shifts then I'm in trouble, but for now I'm doing okay. But we are keeping an eye on it. Thanks for looking out for me bro!

Tony

Staff member
We are fine for now. Just had more wild fires pop up around us though. I will be watching them all night. Sucks, the highest temp ever reached in OKC was 113ºF back in 1936 during the dust bowl. Well we just tied that today. Take that temp, add the 15% humidity and 30mph winds, and this is what you get. It's horrible around here. The fires went from Colorado to Oklahoma. We have lost over 100 homes around here so far. Just hope mine isn't one of them...

wolfman76

wow tony you your family n your home n toys are in my families prayers hope everything stay ok... had to put the toys in there man

- - - Updated - - -

you know what gets me is that someone reported seeing the burning newspaper being thrown from the truck but said person or person did'nt even bother to stop n try make sure it didn't cause a serious fire knowing there is a drought.... now look at the consequences of both these ppl carelessness...

Tony

Staff member
Yup, it's reported to be a black Ford F-150 with red lettering on the side, 2008 model. He was lighting the papers and throwing them out the window. This was the fire up in Luther and as far as I know is still burning as is the one near my house. but, things are better here. Clear skys and not as hot at 0600 in the morning.

However, we are expecting the same temps, humidity, and winds later on today. It's just one of the many things that we live with here in Oklahoma.

callsign4223

Staff member
Glad to hear your okay man. Norman NEVER asks us for fire trucks, so when they called us up I knew things had to be bad down there.

Tony

Staff member
The fire down here just moved stupid fast. I was keeping my eyes on it, but thankfully it never started burning to the west until it almost reached the lake. Today is another story though lol. We'll see.

wolfman76

Heck we just hammered by a monstrous storm here last night at about 4:30pm and power was knocked out and is still out going on almost 24 hours now wish god would've sent that storm to you I promise the fires would've been out in like 3mins it was pitch black in Chicago when I was delivering saw 2 crushed luxury cars a beamed n a Lexus suv

callsign4223

Staff member
We could really use that. My yard(all clay under the grass) has 3 inch cracks all over it. Looks like a birds eye view of canyon lands.

Top Bottom