here it is my first 450 build and 450 ever. the maiden spool up!

murankar

Staff member
This is the maiden spool up, not flight. It has been since December 15th since I started and finally a heli that can be almost flown. Well that was till my second spool up. I was very excited to try and do a spool up so I did another and had a bad ending. No crash just a bit of extra wind around the shin area and a loud pop.

Last edited by a moderator:
as i was watching thhe video i knoticed the the feathering shaft area was wobbling a little. check you feathering shaft and see if it is beant

murankar

Staff member
What had happened was; the screws came loose. The thread locker did not hold one bit. When I started the reassembly I went ahead and took the screw that came completely out and cleaned/prepped it. When I started the side that was still assembled the screw only had a few threads holding it in so i did the same on that side. I went ahead and used a different brand and reassembled the blade grips. I do have 4 more feathering shafts if I need them, I hope I don't right yet. I will know after I go out and try and fly.

Also if you look real close the blade grips are backwards. Had to fix that too. Since the seesaw was upside down I had to dismantle most of the head, I am glad i did, almost all the screws were loose. Now all the screws have Zap Z-42 thread locker on them. It has been sitting since around 8 pm last night, about 18 hours ago. Zap states that it reach full cure after 24 hours. I don't want to take any chances.

Top Bottom