Here is a video demo of my field

murankar

Staff member
Here is a brief look at my flying field. It is done enough for a video but still needs some work. I did the screen capture with VLC and it is a bit choppy. I am currently working on another video done on a different screen recorder. Fraps sucks and installs a bunch of mal-ware and spyware, trust me I spent enough time on this lappy trying to clean that stuff up. ANyhow until I get a better video done here is what I got.

P.S.
I suck a speed helis, I know!!!!!!! LOL

[video=youtube_share;YVI92pO5HFE]http://youtu.be/YVI92pO5HFE[/video]

EyeStation

Pretty good there sir. Any chance you can upload an actual photo of the field? Or have we seen it on one of your videos?
The FPV trail sounds cool.

murankar

Staff member
I can upload the actual file after zipping it. Now that I am working I will have to fit in some time to finish the trail. I know we have plankers but this is a dedicated quad and heli field.

Stokke: Yes I built it in real flight 7. It has a site builder that is a little bit of a pain to get used to. When you start a new field it gives you the terrain and all you have to do is design the site to your liking. Personally I was not digging any of the supplied fields. All the fields had some kind of obstruction that distracted me. Basically i did not want to run into anything while flying. Most real flying fields don't have major obstructions.

A lot of the stuff I did copy and paste but it still takes a bunch of work. The fence line is about 200 fence sections that had to be aligned just right. The trail was a faint dirt road already in the map. I was trying to define that road at first but then the idea hit me when I saw the stingray on knife edge forums.

I'll post what I got done for now. If you want to add to it go ahead just make sure to post the updated file with a small list of improvements.

Top Bottom