700 Henseleit Tdr2

Smoggie

Thank Uri, she is a fantastic heli for sure:biggrin1: it's a design that grows on you more and more as you start to appreciate the clever little deign features that Henseleit built in.
This is not the 'all out' speed version, a limited run was made of a no compromise speed version called the TDS which uses the same basic airframe but with an even sleeker bodywork and raised tail rotor. The TDS is an awesome heli but my TDR2 being designed more as an 'all-rounder' fits my needs much better.

The normal price is a little eye watering but i got an amazing deal on this one which was the only thing that brought it into my price range:biglaugh:

murankar

Staff member
Yep, the TDS i think was only 40 units produced. You have to be on the waiting list which was like 2 years old before it was shipped. The only way to get a TDS is to buy it from a current owner.

If I remember right the TDR 2 had a waiting list also. Which was long and also a 2 year wait.

Last edited:

YoungBuck

D5DA123A-F555-4C6A-BBD0-99FEC5034BD7.jpeg This is my current fleet of helis. I’ve allows loved the aerodynamics of the TDRs,Banshee, comet, and all the sleek speed machines. My baby is the goblin speed but looking for a new Heli in the next couple weeks because of tax season.
My question is, is TDR still manufacturing or do they have a wait list or are they out of the game completely?

leedude1

hey smoggie,

Curious you have the 770 and the Kraken... Ive not owned a goblin yet but was thinking of one as my next.. which is your favorite and why? Ive been pondering those 2.

Smoggie

My question is, is TDR still manufacturing or do they have a wait list or are they out of the game completely?

The original TDR that was first made around 2009 is out of production but still supported with spares (I have one of those too!). The current Henseleit range is:
  • The one you see here is the TDR2 which is still very much a current model.
  • The TDF which takes over were the original TDR left off. it's a lightweight design intended for sports/fun/3D.. A real 'all-rounder'
  • New this year is the TDSF which is an ultra light 700 size but flies on the power system of a 450-500 class heli. Thats an amazing machine too.
  • The TDS which is a hardcore speed machine.

Smoggie

hey smoggie,

Curious you have the 770 and the Kraken... Ive not owned a goblin yet but was thinking of one as my next.. which is your favorite and why? Ive been pondering those 2.

Hi Lee,

favourite is a hard one. Ive been flying the Kraken a lot lately but that's mainly because it's one of my newest. The way they compare for me is:

770 - Great all rounder, smooth and stable but still capable of hardcore 3D, though not as responsive and agile as a 700. The 770 flies great at lower headspeeds so can give good flight time. The airframe is well sorted, it's the final evolution of the traditional Goblin airframe so all the little bugs are ironed out.

Kraken - really nice design, very easy to build, wiring is as easy as it gets. Works best at quite high headspeeds, flies like it's on rails, very smooth and 'locked in'. It's a bit heavy compared top some 700's which helps in making it fly smooth but doesnt help with flight time or agility. Being an all new design there are a few minor irritations, the transmission leaks grease which makes a mess especially for the first 20 or so flights, the side panel attachment is a little weak so tend to break off in a heavy landing, the FBL mount is prone to vibrations (SAB have released 4 different mounts to try to fix this!).

leedude1

Thanks my man... I was looking to get into the slower head speeds so , its sounding like 770 if I go that route.

Align also has speed up gearing available for the tail on the 700X which permits for much reduced head speed ..I think they state MAX 1900 so might try that avenue first. I dont slam things around. Im working on the slower stuff now on the sim and want to see what things look like this summer.

Smoggie

Sounds like the 770 would be ideal. The 3 blade tail on the 770 Sport is good for lower HS but the two blade works fine too if you fit the speedup tail pulley And 115mm blades

leedude1

Have you tried the speed up on the 700x? Apparently they have the gear set made just for the LHS stuff. Im wondering if i dont try it there first before going with another bird.

Smoggie

Lee, sorry for late reply. There are actually 3 different tail ratios available for the 700x. From my memory these are roughly 1:4.3
1:4.7
1:5.2

The low ratio is now supplied as standard but eirlier kits had the medium ratio. The medium is what I use and I’m happy with it. The high ratio has a 1900rpm headspeed limit

Smoggie

I tried out the retractable landing gear on the TDR2 for the first time. It’s super cool and works great. With the gear up the heli looks super sleek

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Too cool Smoggie on the retractable landing gear and finding a friend. Did you use ancestry.com or 23 & me to find the friend? :rotflmao:

murankar

Staff member
That's just a sick bird. I really wish I had that kind if cash laying around. I also wish they made that bird smaller lol.

Smoggie

That's just a sick bird. I really wish I had that kind if cash laying around. I also wish they made that bird smaller lol.

For sure Henseleit are not cheap helis but if you keep your eyes peeled you can pick up bargains. The Orange one in the picture 'ready to fly' with the full Kontronik/Henseleit 'special eddition' electronics, Hitec servos, BD3SX FBL, Futaba receiver, Opto backup, Gens Ace 14S packs, retractable landing gear plus spare fixed gear, blades plus some spares, all almost unused, I picked up for considerably less than the cost of a new Trex 700X Super Combo!
Reason was on one of his first test flights with the new heli he had a tip over and despite replacing all the damaged parts he still had a bad vibration. He got disillusioned and put the heli away and eventually a couple of years later decided to sell it 'as is' with the known vibration issue. When I got the heli the fix turned out to be very simple; the main grip arm had been slightly bent in the tip-over and he's missed it. This put the tracking out which caused the vibration. He actually had new grip arms in the spares he sold with the heli, so I has it fixed within ten minutes of opening the box. It runs smooth as silk now.

Smoggie

A pic of the orange TDR2 taken just before we went into full lockdown in the UK. This was at a new field I found not far from the office where I used to work (before the office was close and we all had to work from home). It's a nice field, it even has a stone circle!P1010171.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, those birds are just beautiful. I'm not sure which one is better looking...yellow...orange :thinking:... shoot, they both are great :secret2:. I'm liking the flying feild and better yet the stone circle in the back ground :beerchug:.

Smoggie

Thanks! I think I slightly prefer the orange to be honest, but under the skin they are almost identical specs and they fly just the same. Both have retracts now. One thing with Henseleit helis is that if you get tired of the colour it's easy to change. The colour is just vinyl stickers, so you can get a new set of vinyl and change colour for a reasonable cost.

I've been out a few times since the lockdown. there is a field just a few minutes from home, not as scenic as the stone circle field but very quiet, so meets all 'social distancing' rules:biggrin1:

I hope you guys are all doing ok in these strange times we find ourselves in.

Top Bottom