Help with setting up Phoenix V4

Hi All,
I am trying to setup Phoenix V4 with my DX6i but I am making a poor job of it.
I cannot get the sim to see or recognise the right stick elevator /aileron.
has anyone any ideas where I could be going wrong.??
John

Hi Graham,
Yes I have tried to calibrate but I dont get any response from the elevator / aileron stick.To make sure all was working OK
I set the 450 up and tested it on that and it was working fine.Phoenix only seems to find the throttle channel.??
Cheers
John

Graham Lawrie

I will fire up mine and see what may be wrong back in a few minutes, or can you go online on Phoenix and I can set up a RCH an go over it with you on there

- - - Updated - - -

Hi John, I am online on Phoenix now can you go on as I can view your controller on it and see what is happening

Westy

LEGEND
how have you got your TX setup?

You need to make sure you have set it up on a new model for your sim and running Single servo 90 degrees...... and heli mode. all else should be left to the sim software.

Tony

Staff member
You may need to go into Phoenix and remap your sticks. Meaning, you need to tell the program that the right stick is the aileron and elevator. I don't have this sim, so I can't walk you through how to do it, but I"m sure someone can if it's needed. But do what westy stated above and make a new model in your Tx and leave it stock. Try it out and post up and let us know how it turns out.

BOKI

Westy ; You are the Sim expert & you walked me through with voice chat which was great! So anyone need a good Sim helper you are great! The Best Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of you guy's are good on Phoenix & it sure helps out when we can ask for help from you! The Best Dave

Hi guys,
Firstly thanks for the help and advice.
Well today I finally got it sorted it appears that the model I was using for the sim was full of duff info ( put in by me ) so what I decided
to do was to set up a new model in the TX and start again which is what I did and voila all the channels appeared in Phoenix and then I went through setup
and it was right there working.........................happy days but hey thats the easy bit now all I need to do is learn how to fly the bird..
John

Westy

LEGEND
Hey John,

Glad it worked out for you!

If you want a good starter heli in Phoenix that is really quite nice to fly out of the box (LOL).....

MS whiplash 90 - add it to your favourites. It is nice and forgiving and will teach you how to use your eye hand coordination easier as you will see the orientation of the heli easier and be able to make corrections. .... If you want tot tame it down more ...... look up my quick tutorial on how to add expo for elevator and aileron in the model.

Last edited:

Graham Lawrie

Glad you got there John:) Quite frustrating that i could hear you and Derek. Strange thing was when you came on with your model it mucked up my rhight stick and i had to calibrate to put it right? I managed later with Derek to mimic your situation by moving all my trims to look like your TX, so from my end it looked like you were logging on with your trims all out. see you on Phoenix soon:)

Derek

That's great, John!

I'm working tonight and tomorrow night but I'll be off all weekend. If you want someone to fly with, let me know. I can make myself available and I'll fly with ya.

Hi Derek,
It was nice to talk to you and Graham last night I am back to work friday dat shift so might get a chance to go online, I really do need the practice.
John

Top Bottom