General Help Programming A Hobbywing Platinum Pro 50amp Speed Control

Troy Radcliff

I need help programming my hobbywing platinum pro 50 amp esc
I have a spektrum 6i radio. I can't seem to get the esc into program mode.
Any help would be great thank you

Tony

Staff member
What version hobbywing is this? I'm getting ready to hit the sack so I will answer when i get up. Also, do you have the program box for it? If you don't, you definitely want to get one. They are WAY EASIER!

Tony

Staff member
Just in case you don't have it, below is a link to the manual. On the left side at the bottom is the instructions on how to enter program mode. I can't explain it any better than the manual which is the only reason I'm pointing towards it. I would definitely invest in the program box though. I think they are $25 and they are worth every single red cent of that price for the time it saves you.

http://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/Platinum50AV3-100AV3.pdf

Troy Radcliff

Yeah i tried that with no luck.
If anyone knows any other tricks to get it into program mode i would really appreciate it. Thanks again

Tony

Staff member
Try doing the throttle calibration first, then try getting into program mode. Turn on your Tx, set to high throttle. Take off the blades of the helicopter and plug it in. When you hear the initialization beeps (should be two in a row), lower the throttle all the way and it should initialize as normal. If that doesn't work, check your plug orientation in the receiver and make sure it is plugged in correctly. If you are getting servo movement, it should be, but could be in a different port.

Tony

Staff member
Can you give us some pictures of your setup? Need some detailed ESC and Rx shots.

Tony

Staff member
What is that orange wire to the left of the throttle? And is the white wire your ESC?

Tony

Staff member
I think we have exhausted all options other than the program box. You are not able to communicate with the ESC for some reason and the only way that I know of is to use the box.

Troy Radcliff

A while back i called a hobby shop... i don't know where they were but he had me pull the power wire from something then power up everything then it went into program mode, but don't remember. I know it worked but don't remember how to do it
Thanks though

murankar

Staff member
First off make sure your trims are zeroed out on the throttle. Your throttle my appear to.be at zero but needs trimmed to zero so the esc can recognize zero throttle. And yes this is a castle thing too.

ensure that the esc can see the full travel. Another thing to try is travel adjustment . The radio may not be seeing high throttle either. On the Dx6i I believe the throttle travel is default 100% and you may need 120%.

Top Bottom