General Help please servo making "noise" on full throttle.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Alright gent's..I got my heli all setup for it's maiden flight this weekend. So i decided to double check my radio settings and mechanical setup. all seems good and straight. I also decided to double check the cyclic on swash so there is no binding. I disconnected the motor tested cyclic and throttle and low and behold when on full throttle my servo makes noise like they are on full throw and binding. Note that there is a gap between the swash plate and head, so i ruled that out. Any ideas?:blue:

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Re: Help please servo making "noise" on full throttle.

Post a video if you can. It would help us pinpoint the issue a bit better.

See link for video...:worked_till_5am:

- - - Updated - - -

Buzzing for both normal and IU..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
You need to go into your swash mix, or swash AFR, whatever one you have, and lower the pitch amount. There will be 3 settings, aileron, elevator and pitch. What it's doing is the washout base is binding against the head block. Just lower that number and you will stop that buzzing.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Re: Help please servo making "noise" on full throttle.

It did the job.. it's now at 50% for all three. is that ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Tony..I did a pitch test and at 50% full cyclic at am only at 6degree pitch. for both neg and pos. correct me if I am wrong but do I now adjust my linkage to get my 11 degree.

Tony

Staff member
Can you show a quick video of your Tx and the settings you changed? You shouldn't have a problem reaching 10-11º right at the point where it's not binding. Unless there are some links not in the right spot. I will look at the other video again and see if I can find anything, but if you can post one of the tx settings that you changed as well as the head going from full positive to full negative so that I can see the head do it's thang lol.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Can you show a quick video of your Tx and the settings you changed? You shouldn't have a problem reaching 10-11º right at the point where it's not binding. Unless there are some links not in the right spot. I will look at the other video again and see if I can find anything, but if you can post one of the tx settings that you changed as well as the head going from full positive to full negative so that I can see the head do it's thang lol.

I got it..I thought I had everything leveled. It pays off to double and triple check everything. I had the Aile servo linkage ball set in the wrong spot and servo arm not level. I guess I can say " I thought I had it mechanically done" NOT! There is no more buzzing and at 11. :adoration:Thank you for all your help. now I can do my maiden thang tomorrow. wish me luck.

Tony

Staff member
Good luck bro. Make sure the camera is rolling!!! I would like to see it. No matter what happens.

Tony

Staff member
That's what we are here for. A place where you know you can come for help. If there is anything else, you know where to find me.

island
I did hear the servo binding and saw that the servo arm was not 90 at the begining.Im glade that you got that worked out, but.....
Watching your video i heard another sound(not the servo binding).you might want to check the rest of the heli out.digital servo are suppose to make a steady hum.the sound i heard was some kind of grinding possible bearings

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
island
I did hear the servo binding and saw that the servo arm was not 90 at the begining.Im glade that you got that worked out, but.....
Watching your video i heard another sound(not the servo binding).you might want to check the rest of the heli out.digital servo are suppose to make a steady hum.the sound i heard was some kind of grinding possible bearings

Thanks Nitro..It's probally my junk servo's. LOL it was on ther when I already got the heli. i am waiting for my new ones to come in

Top Bottom