Hello new here and to rc Helicopters.

wacey

Just now have gotten into RC heli's. I have an Align Trex 450L dominator and I can assure you I will have plenty of questions. :)

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to RCH wacey! That is a great helicopter to learn on. What gyro are you running? As far as questions, just post them up and we will help you out.

:welcome1:

Tony

Staff member
That is fantastic. Much better than the 3GX or the GPro. If you need help on the gyro setup, my video on the AR7200BX is the same setup process. And a fantastic Tx, same one I use and I love it.

Smoggie

Nice setup wacey. If you are new to helis it might be worth investing in the 'SAFE' firmware upgrade for your AR7210 to give you the self leveling stability function, along with 'rescue'. Self leveling is a game changer for beginners and 'rescue' is useful no matter how experienced you are.

wacey

Nice setup wacey. If you are new to helis it might be worth investing in the 'SAFE' firmware upgrade for your AR7210 to give you the self leveling stability function, along with 'rescue'. Self leveling is a game changer for beginners and 'rescue' is useful no matter how experienced you are.

I actually have purchased that. And also one thing I have a question on. How exactly do I set it up on a switch on my DX9?

- - - Updated - - -

That is fantastic. Much better than the 3GX or the GPro. If you need help on the gyro setup, my video on the AR7200BX is the same setup process. And a fantastic Tx, same one I use and I love it.

I can not thank you enough for that video Tony, that video is exactly what let me to this site. :)

Smoggie

I actually have purchased that. And also one thing I have a question on. How exactly do I set it up on a switch on my DX9?

Looks like you have done your homework!

'Auto level' would usually be 'on' all the time when you are learning. Possibly you could set up two different flight modes selectable from your flight mode switch one with auto level enabled and one with it disabled, but it will probably be a while before you want to turn it off.

'Rescue' is a bit tricky on the DX9. Ideally you want a spring loaded (a.k.a. 'momentary') switch that returns to normal after you activate rescue. The only momentary switch on the DX9 is the trainer/bind button. You can use that button but it's not ideally located being hard to reach in a panic. The ideally positioned switch is the long handled one that's positioned top left, but it's a fixed position type. You can use that switch but the risk is that you inadvertently start up with rescue enabled, which makes the heli shoot for the sky right from spoolup, which can end badly if you dont realise whats going on.

Faced with the same dilemma on my DX18 I replaced the long handled switch for a momentary switch.

wacey

I have tried to do as much homework as possible that's for sure. As far as the switch I am looking to use for the Rescue would be the long on the left (Just have to keep in mind of its position) cause I am pretty sure I will need to have it on a switch that's VERY easily accessible. I am just trying to figure out how to assign that switch for the recovery mode. I have only had it airborne once so far and that was yesterday to try and set my trims on the 7210, still have more to do on the trims but it will have to wait till I can balance my blades a bit better. Still getting some vibration and also needing to adjust my gyro a bit more because I am getting a bit of tail wag. But so far I couldn't be happier with it, I really did enjoy the short flight I had it on.... Even though I couldn't stop my legs from shaking the whole time it was in flight lol.

Smoggie

Yeah, getting the shakes after flying is normal when you start out! It's unusual for the blades to be so badly out of balance that you get noticable vibration, but worth checking the balance for sure. i dont use the AR7210 so i'm afraid I cant be of much help with the specifics of setting it up.

Some guys use a bit of silicone fuel tubing on the switch to make it spring back, like this:
0f31eae073d2f2bf965bffe1c1267aef.jpg

0f31eae073d2f2bf965bffe1c1267aef.jpg

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Wacey, looks like you're of to a good start with the gear you've chosen.

KLA

Welcome to our group, Wacey. With the 450L and DX9 being your first heli setup you really have dove in head first. That is a great setup and you are off to a good start.
You came to the right place for help. You're in good hands with Steve, Smoggie, helping you. He's one of the best and really knows his stuff.

Top Bottom