Hello Guys!

TimD

Just wanted to say Hi , TimD here, ...I was into RC racing for 5yrs ( racing nitro 1/8 scale hydroplane boats )around the Midwest /Ohio area, then took a 25yr break! But now that I am retired I want to get back into the hobby, I want to fly helicopters, I have the phoenix simulator, I have been using this past year,, not into to 3D but sport flying looks fun, aircraft & helicopter. I would appreciate any help you guys can give me. thankyou:

Tony

Staff member
Hey Tim, welcome to RCH bro! You are doing it correctly by using the sim, and phoenix is a great simulator. Let us know if you need any help in any way!

:welcome1:

TimD

Thanks! I do have a few questions on the correct steps to setup a flybar helicopter! I mean I have looked at a few youtube videos on the 'topic' but there is some info left out! Most of the radio setups for throttle & pitch curve use only 5 -steps; my radio ( devo 7 ) has 7-steps! ..not sure what value to enter to have a 'linear' curve. Also do you center the servos in idle-up or before? Thanks.:nervous:

TimD

Hi Tony, yes I have seen your video,( and it is very helpful )...but you start after the radio is setup,you don't mention if you need to have 'Swash' at 60% or 100% to get the pitch in your video. Thanks. scratchchin:

Tony

Staff member
Well that is the thing. Each helicopter is going to be different. You will use the pitch gauge to adjust your head to 8º cyclic and about 11º collective, and you make these adjustments in the swash menu. I wish I still had that Tx so that I could post up what I had on it to give you some kind of starting point, but I sold that DX8 about a year ago I think.

Heliman450

Hi TimD, sounds a bit like my start in the Hobby. I started about seven years before retirement and wasn't able to get deep into it until a year ago. Never been an Internet geek but since last year have explored all sorts of media in my quest for knowledge. Wish I'd found this site sooner. Not too long ago as most benefit comes when one can also think things through alone. Now looking forward to looking for useful stuff by screening the Q&A sections. See you there!

Top Bottom