Hello from Portland Texas.

roger davis

Banned
New to the world of RC Helo's. Been playing around 1/10 and 1/4 scale drag cars and 1/5 scale buggies for awhile. Decided to take to the air. Currently learning to fly 450 class helos.

Roger.

Tony

Staff member
:welcome1:

Thanks for joining up on our forum bro. 450's are some of the best heli's out there but they are also some of the hardest to learn on. My suggestion would be get a Blade mSR and practice with that. You can crash the crap out of an mSR and it will just take it. If you crash a 450, you will be about $20 out by the time the repairs are done.

A good Tx like the DX6i is also another must. A good Tx will take you very far. A cheap Tx will give you the feeling of not actually being in control and wondering when your next brown out will be. Plus, the DX6i can be bound to the mSR very easily.

Oh and I guess it's called the mSR-X now, flybarless!

And get a sim. At least get clearview from rcflightsim.com, it's $40 and will help you out a LOT. If you have the pockets for it, get Phoenix or RealFlight, they are great when it comes to graphics. RF will beat out phoenix in the graphic department, but phoenix has more models that you are likely to fly like the align birds and the Blade mSR and such.

Any questions, just post them up. We are here to help.

BOKI

Hi Roger from Texas; Just wanted to say welcome to our site! I just got My Trex 450 ready to fly & went to a War Bird air show but had winds North East at 30 mph all day ! So never got to practice hoovering! Wish you luck with your 450 & hope You don't have any crashes! THE BEST TO YOU BOKI FROM ILLINOIS 3:07 AM

Top Bottom