Hello from Palm Bay Florida

tcstang

Hello everyone
I’m new to this site but been in the RC stuff since the 90s my first car was the Tamiya frog then the clodbuster, then moved to associated RC10 gold pan (wish I still had that). Then ventured into the world of planes nitro of course since there was no battery planes like we have today. Anyway about 10 years ago I bought a trex450 got pretty comfortable with it casual flight no 3D sold it then bought a trex500 from someone put it in a box and forgot about it when quadcopters started to become the rage. Since this so called pandemic kicked up I dug out the trex 500 dusted it off it is flybared. Bought some hitec servos and some batteries. And I thought I do some adjustments and put this bird into the air. Nope didn’t happen it took a dirt nap. I rebuilt the head all new links new blades. Since it so old I’m having a difficult time getting all the adjustments correct. I blame quadcopters and all the new technology basically I haven’t used for 10+ years I forgot how much went into setting up a heli from basically scratch. I should have sold it and bought a flybarless bird but I’m vested time and money to this one and determined to get it airborne. Anyways that’s my story. So if anybody is in the space coast FL area and knows these setups and maybe like to lend a hand I’m needing it
Tom9A797A73-5FB1-4F1B-A04C-953DF2373BBE.jpeg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1:to the forum Tom from the west coast of Florida :wiggle:. I'm in the process of putting my 500 back together due to what you call a dirt nap :facepalm: .What FBL unit do you have? I imagine someone will be able point you in the right direction. All 4 of my heli's are FBL so I have nothing. On the other hand, great members here to help you out :coffee:

tcstang

:welcome1:to the forum Tom from the west coast of Florida :wiggle:. I'm in the process of putting my 500 back together due to what you call a dirt nap :facepalm: .What FBL unit do you have? I imagine someone will be able point you in the right direction. All 4 of my heli's are FBL so I have nothing. On the other hand, great members here to help you out :coffee:
I don't have any FBL unit just a Quark tail gyro a DX9 tx my main issues is getting the pitches down. I went to aggressive in the beginning and slammed it down with negative pitch (I got scared lol it jumped up like a cat set in fire) fixed the landing gear re did the head an linkages thought I had it set perfect. Every time I powered it back on my pitches seemed to change. I reset the pitches and I couldn't get it light on the skids until 75% on the sticks but wants to tip left. I powered down rechecked and my pitches and seemed off on one side a full degree. Im so confused.

Geena

Staff member
Hi Tcstang, and welcome aboard. I`m in Sebring, Florida....about 80 miles south of Orlando. If you are willing to make the trip over to our field some time, I`ll be more than happy to help you get your helicopter going. It`s been a while since I set up a fly bar, but I`m sure I can still do it. Just putting the offer on the table. :)

tcstang

Hi Tcstang, and welcome aboard. I`m in Sebring, Florida....about 80 miles south of Orlando. If you are willing to make the trip over to our field some time, I`ll be more than happy to help you get your helicopter going. It`s been a while since I set up a fly bar, but I`m sure I can still do it. Just putting the offer on the table. :)
Thanks for that offer I’ll message you if I plan on making a trip out that way

Top Bottom