Hello from Me!

Powerdyne

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself here!

I am from Muncie, Indiana; home of AMA HQ. AMA# 1046820

I'm 37 years old, and have a family of my own. We all have some sort of RC toys we have an avid interest in. :)

I have been flying RC Helicopters for almost 2 years now, and have learned quite a bit. I still think I crash and build more than I actually fly (unless you count test hovers and trim flights, mixed with lots of simulator time flying) :cool1: I am fascinated with all manner of aircraft, and especially Helicopters. I blame my father for that obsession since he was the one that always bought me rides in the state fair helicopters (Bell 47) ever since I was a wee lad. I'm considering going to flight school to fly the real deal.

I am a member of quite a few forums, including RCGroups, HeliFreak, and MyRCGuide. I found RC-Help through Cpo's Heli Hangouts and his videos on Youtube. (Thanks Cpo!). As well as some of the great tips and help videos from RC-Help.com as well!

Many years ago, I used to race RC Cars (Electric) on dirt, and carpet tracks. I was always intrigued by RC flight, but the cost and prospect of multiple crashes involved was a little too much than I wanted to bite off at that point. Plus RC helis were prohibitively expensive in those days. More recently though, prices have become quite a bit more manageable, so I picked up the hobby with gusto!

My current "fleet" consists of two 450 size birds: One Hausler 450 SEV2 (Currently being stripped and rebuilt to go into a 450 scale build), and a CopterX 450 Pro that I had originally purchased to use in a wacky build based on a picture floating around the Rotary Forums from a few years ago. That ended up being scrapped (at least with that problematic airframe) due to having to replace nearly every part on the heli to get it flying... That second 450 is now basically a Tarot 450 Pro V2 DFC; the only CopterX parts left on it are the motor mount (soon to be changed) the tail box (soon to be replaced with Tarot), and the Canopy.

At one time last year I did own a Trex 600 DFC, but that was a bit too much helicopter for me to handle at that point. I got a killer deal on it from a local college buddy before he moved out of state. It flew nicely but the fear of crashing costing so much, and lack of space to fly at the time (Wasn't an AMA member until this year) kind of put the Kibosh on that venture.

I have also owned a couple of 500 sized helicopters (one Align Clone from CopterX, and an HK500GT), but sold both of them off (along with the 600) to cover medical bills.

I am currently trying to get my electronics repair shop up and running again, and will be carrying Heli parts, and offering repair, build, and setup services as well as assistance to new local pilots just starting out.

I am currently looking at the Agile 3.6 from KDS as my next purchase. It's either that or a KDS 550.

Other helis that interest me are the ALZRC Devil 480 Fast, and the Thunder Tiger Raptor 550.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text here. Thanks for having such a great site

Barge

Great intro PD, the only life size heli I've been in is a Robinson R22, really enjoyed the experience. We all crash and burn, I've written off a few aircraft in my time, but I enjoy building things so it was not a problem. I remember when I raced 1/8th scale on road gas cars, the only time I was on the track was when I was crossing it. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. You'll find that we are different from other forums out there. We are most definitely geared towards the noob but also cater to the experienced.

CPO had a short stay here. I have not seen him on here for some time now. He had a great thread on his first build. He documented everything on video.

I too have a big fear of cost due to crashing but its a part of the hobby. Anyhow welcome to RCH.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

sarconastic

Welcome to the forum, you will like it here, these guys give great advice / whether they agree or not they always treat each other with respect, that is rare in a forum. It is more about fun in here. Enjoy the build, enjoy the flight, enjoy the rebuild after the ermm..... flight lol.

Hope to see you around

Woody

wolfman76

Hey powerdyne WELCOMED TO THE RCHELP FAMILY! !!! I to am a member of alot of different sites but got tired of being treated badly due to being a newb at the time.. I am from Shelbyville Indiana but now reside in NW Indiana (Hammond). You should try and go to IRCHAA this year i know we have 2 or three members that have gone the last couple of years Derek, kenjack, I think eyestation has planned on trying to go this year i myself am hoping to go this year if money and time off allows. . Oh yeah we are same age I am 38 and lots of fly together on the Phoenix flight sim I have that and RF6.5 so if you ever on either just post up in that perspective thread and more then likely someone will gladly join you... more people have Phoenix then rf though. Well I will stop rambling now .... lol and welcome again

Lee

Welcome to the forum :)
I hope you get the new Agile 3.6 I'd like to see what its like.

Dirk

Welcome PD,

Hope you enjoy the forum. Nice collection of helis you had through the years.

I can strongly recommend a KDS 550. I have one in my fleet and she is one sweet flying and reliable heli.

Keep us posted.

Derek

Hi there buddy! Welcome to the forum! I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana (a bit more than an hour north of you). My wife and I have been at IRCHA the last two years and are planning on being there this year. We're glad to have you on the forum!!!

Tony

Staff member
From Muncie huh? So am I!!! Welcome to RCH bro! If you have been around there a while, I'm sure you know of the Billings Greenhouse that used to be there. That was my family's business. Really miss that place. Miss being up there. Last time was back in '92.

:welcome1:

Top Bottom