Hello from a new member!

Firedawg

Hi y'all. I'm Jeremy, I'm 34, married with 3 kids and I live in Ca (commifornia).

I've been flying RC since 2011 (I took a long break during 2013). I've been interested in aircraft since I was a child because my dad was a pilot. I solo'd a Cessna 152 when I was 17 but decided to pursue a career in fire fighting. I spent 4 years as a crew member and crew boss on a wildland fire fighting helicopter before I got hired as a full-time firefighter.

I follow RC Help on YouTube and recently saw the foam board Edge 540. It looked like something fun to do and another way to practice 3D flying away from the simulator. I can get outside and get some aggressive stick time without risking a big plane.

I may also build the RCH trainer and use that to try and get my kids flying. Then I can let them try their hand with my big 70" glow powered trainer.

Alright, I'll see you guys in the Edge 540 threads...

Jeremy

Gerald

Welcome, RCH trainer is great and the Edge 540, well I can't fly it worth a crap but my friend flew it perfectly so it is a good one and easy to build too. If you like profile planes be sure to check out the RCH/ Derek's Bi-plane too! That I can fly!

Firedawg

Thanks. I've noticed that everyone has avatars and signatures. Do I have to be a member for a certain period of time or have X amount of posts before I can modify that stuff? I went into the settings and tried to make an avatar but I didn't see any options aside from two "pre-defined general" avatars.

Gerald

I think, if I remember correctly you have to have 50 post to be able to edit that stuff ??? It is kind of a troll deterent system I think? Maybe Tony will post a welcome and he can answer that!

Top Bottom