Hello everyone.

devop

I'm Devon, located in Mesa,AZ, originally from Manchester,Nh. Just recently got into the RC Helicopter hobby but Have had a 1/12 Traxxas Rally brushless with lots of upgrade parts for 2 years now, and have always had some kind of RC car for a long time now.
Since, '92, age 7, have been a member/mentor on various FIRST Robotics teams. Because of that, have become a very good machinist, robotic programmer, and tech for mostly anything dealing with robotics.

Months ago, prob Xmas time, I got a 4 channel Syma coaxial and then 2 months ago upped to a Double Horse 9053. First day having the 9053, I nose dived it from a good 50 feet up right into a parking lot. Needless to say, there actually was not much damage other then bent main shaft and shattered body. Now, I feel I have mastered the coaxial flight and have fun still messing with that 9053.
3 weeks ago bought my first CP heli, not the best choice for a first, a Dynam E-Razor 450 FB. The E-Razor has been a struggle from the beginning. The thing was shipped to me with a very sloppy tail section, bent feather shaft, bent main shaft, and it looked as tho the main gear and it's one way bearing was put together with pliers. So, it too was in need of replacing. I called the company I got it from, which I had spare parts on the way as recommended on another forum. They asked for the part numbers of what was messed up and just got everything all lined up as of last night. Have also changed the TX/RX out for a FlySky FS-T6 and still need to figure some things put on settings but have it workin alright so far. Will be looking for some setting/setup help with that.

I happened to come across this forum last week and the how too video section has helped explain things soooooo much better then anywhere I have found so far. Hope to make sure everything is fine tuned tonight before starting the flight school videos.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about the bad luck with the razor. I would personally not invest in the parts to repair it... I would get a Align 450... they can come RTF, and they are better quality, also If gotten from a good place you won't have to worry about part availability, or customer service. Such as this Align T-REX 450 Plus DFC Super Combo (12V DC Charger Version) (RH45E02XW) - HeliDirect -- Best comes with a good TX to. May I ask where you got the razor 450 from? Again WELCOME aboard... it's a great crew here and you will find them a blast.

Karubah

Welcome to the RCH Family from Aus. You will like this forum they are a great mob of blokes to help you if you need it.

devop

Thank you.

Got the razor from x-heli actually. So far the customer service has been very good. As of right now all the parts on the razor should be perfect. I'm quite mechanically inclined so I know a way to two to make things run smoothly. Just wish I had a place to put a small benchtop lathe-mill combo. Then I'd make my own flybarless or FB head and frame combo and know for sure it was dead on. When I worked for a gov't contractor as a machinist I made sure everything was +/- .001

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum!

The E-Razor was also my first CP helicopter. I have found out that it was a bad decision. If you land just slightly too hard, you will bend the feathering shaft. So if you can, order about 10 of those. Same with main gears, main shaft and pinions. Yes, pinions. There is something about that main gear that eats those pinions. Make sure to get a lot of blades and tail booms as well.

The Razor will never be an Align DFC Pro, but it can be made into a great helicopter. You can and will learn on it. No matter what you need help with, we will be here to provide just that. All you have to do is post up.

:welcome1:

devop

Thanks tony and Gram.

Good to know. When I got parts for this one I got quite a few feather shafts. Lucky for me this one takes the 4mm not the other smaller ones. Only thing I have seen to be a problem so far is the straight screw on the back of the swash plate. Two plates so far have come in bent and when you just touch it or goto try and tighten it it breaks right off.

Tony

Staff member
If you can find a long bolt that will fit in that swash, you can screw it in with a nut on the bolt and use the nut to lock it down. Then, the other side of the bolt can be put through the anti-rotation bracket. You may need to cut the head off of it for it to work though. Not perfect, but neither is the heli lol.

devop

Ys just need to get the rest of the old stud out..... damn things were glued in, not lock-tight. Really wish i still had all my tools here for machining and what not.... oh well

Has anyone on here used the FlySky TS-T6? Need to flip the right stick 180.... right now, up is reverse, down - forward, right is left and left is right....

Swash goes up and down correctly so when trying to change the reversing aspect that messes everything up...

Top Bottom