450 Helicopter general

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
60 amp is well suited for a 470 size heli and using a digital gage is more accurate in fine turning the pitch.
I have Hobbywing 60a esc on my Gaui X3 and my 450. Make sure that the area that you're going to place your heli on is level. I went with the Admiral idea and made me an adjustable stand.

Rico

Hi Rico, two questions: what kind of ESC are you using? and are you using a digital pitch gage? My reason for asking is, have found that a 60 amp is well suited for a 470 size heli and using a digital gage is more accurate in fine turning the pitch. Both D.O.G. and ExCCHP have brought some interesting points to consider. Fran11784 another member of the forum who lives about 10 minutes away schooled me on these areas. And scratch building a 450 size Sikorsky Crane with 360mm blades, these areas mention have left a favorable impression. Just my thoughts, still learning even at 75 years old:peaceful:. Best regards, Jim
on my 450 im using a 40A ESC
on my 470 im using the stock ESC 50A
on my 700 im using a kontronik 80A
and yes i have digital pitch gage :)
im sure that the hellis are flying fine, now i just have to learn how to fly them again, i stop flying for about 10 years ago, becorse of work out side contry, so thy have just been standing here at home in that time :)
the biggest problem i have now is making my TX work with real flight :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
on my 700 im using a kontronik 80A
Oh wow, I know that you mentioned all your birds flew fine 10yrs ago but just an 80a esc on the 700 :thinking: I would do some research before putting her in the air. My 500 has 100a and my 550 has 120a. A little overkill but not under. I found my XL Power 550 brother the 700 and they recommend 130a minimum XLPower Specter 700 V2 Nick Maxwell Edition (NME) Electric Helicopter Kit [XLP70V2K03] I would ask around... better safe then sorry. Just my :2c:

Rico

Oh wow, I know that you mentioned all your birds flew fine 10yrs ago but just an 80a esc on the 700 :thinking: I would do some research before putting her in the air. My 500 has 100a and my 550 has 120a. A little overkill but not under. I found my XL Power 550 brother the 700 and they recommend 130a minimum XLPower Specter 700 V2 Nick Maxwell Edition (NME) Electric Helicopter Kit [XLP70V2K03] I would ask around... better safe then sorry. Just my :2c:
yah when i got the 700 home and saw that there where a 80+ A esc on it i wondered about it, i traided that 700 in for my old 550, and on the 550 i had a tallon 90, but i vill see if i can get a bigger one for the 700, i saw a post some where that the kontronik 80+ esc can handel a 700 size heli, if there is a cooling plate on it, and i have that

this one should do the trick :p

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I wouldn't go with an off-the-wall brand for electronics on any bird. You can check out these companies Hobbywing, Scorpion, YGE, maybe Denmark has one of these companies around your area. Just a thought.

Rico

I wouldn't go with an off-the-wall brand for electronics on any bird. You can check out these companies Hobbywing, Scorpion, YGE, maybe Denmark has one of these companies around your area. Just a thought.
i found this one, here i Denmark, as far as i can see it fits good, what dose the panel say about it :)

Top Bottom