General Heli blades

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello, I'm getting ready to order some back up blades for my Gaui X3. She can use from 325mm to 360mm. I've been using RJX 360mm and i was going to order them but i notice that RJX has 362mm blade for the Gaui X3. Is there much difference between the two? The 362mm blades is just a dollar more then the 360mm. So will the extra 2mm make the heli handle differently? Just wondering before i order new blades.

murankar

Staff member
Really just disk loading. Will you notice it; maybe, just depends on your flying style. If your not a big air guy then no.

Longer and/or wider cord gives a more floaty feel. Stops won't be as crisp and on bigger helis auto rotations are improved.

If you like crisp stops, box flying then no don't waist the dollar.

If your still on the fence then get them and do back to back flights on the two sizes and see what you like.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks murankar, that's the word i was looking for "Floaty." You use the KBDD blades on your Gaui. How do you like them for Floaty. My flying style is not big air. More toward like stationary inverted flips, forward backward left right. That's what I'm trying to learn how to do. I been practicing on the sim and ready to try on my Tarot 450 first then the Gaui. I have more parts for the Tarot when she has a strange encounter with the ground. Anyone's input would be helpful to learning how to accomplish this kind of flying. Thank in advance

murankar

Staff member
I would say stick with the 360 mm then. As for the kbdd they are 325mm but wide cord. It was a love and hate relationship. More than likely I won't buy another set. You won't be able to fold the blades all the way back. As for handling I prefer the rails 326mm. If they have a set of 362mm try those out.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I would say stick with the 360 mm then. As for the kbdd they are 325mm but wide cord. It was a love and hate relationship. More than likely I won't buy another set. You won't be able to fold the blades all the way back. As for handling I prefer the rails 326mm. If they have a set of 362mm try those out.

I'm going to take your advice and get one of each and see what happens. Where can i find these rails to try out? Thanks again for the info.

murankar

Staff member
Mine were won at a fun fly and given to me. Rails are made by Matt and Amy botos of synergy. You can try rotorywingrc.com Helidirect or experiencerc.com.

I am not sure if a main has them.

murankar

Staff member
Oh yeah their is one small catch with the blades, oh I see you found it.

Top Bottom