Happy to be here !

Hello guys !! I'm new on the heli hobby ! I just bought an Align 450l dominator and trying to finish build! So happy to be a part of this forum ! Thanks to all in advance ! Have a nice day

Tony

Staff member
Is this your first helicopter? If so, all I can say is invest in a good simulator like Phoenix or RealFlight. It will help you out more than you know when just starting out as well as when you are wanting to learn new maneuvers.

As always, post up any questions you may have. We are always happy to help out.

:welcome1:

thanks...!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum :D

thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on board.

thank you... i'm sure i will need some help!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Is this your first helicopter? If so, all I can say is invest in a good simulator like Phoenix or RealFlight. It will help you out more than you know when just starting out as well as when you are wanting to learn new maneuvers.

As always, post up any questions you may have. We are always happy to help out.

:welcome1:

Hello... I have a Blade 200 srx RTF and 3 weeks ago I bought Align 450L dominator microbeast ...my first build heli! I'm happy right now because i just finished setup A to N on microbeast ...it was very hard to me..it was very stressful at some steps like step i !! finally i got through it!!! also i have a Blade 300 Cfx ..i bought because got good deal on blackfriday for $230 !i have 3 birds but i dont know how to fly (front) towards me!! LOL i will get there!

Tony

Staff member
It will all come in time bro, I can assure you. Just take it as fast as you can handle it and don't push yourself too hard, too fast. There will come a time, if you are like me, that you need to push yourself beyond a hurdle (mine was forward flight), but once you do, the sky is the limit.

It will all come in time bro, I can assure you. Just take it as fast as you can handle it and don't push yourself too hard, too fast. There will come a time, if you are like me, that you need to push yourself beyond a hurdle (mine was forward flight), but once you do, the sky is the limit.

Yes ,,you right, step by step I will get there ! I try to fly the 300cfx and wow is big difference of the 200srx .. The 300 Cfx has much more power .. I have to change the setup of the TX for less sensitive! have to figure out how to do it! I will search on your forum !!! Wow you made that for us ..thank you to do that !!

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure how the setup is on the controller (1 servo 90º or 3 servo 120º) but you can either do it with dual rates (which I suggest), swash menu to lower the movement, or you can use your pitch curve to lower only the collective. But I suggest setting your Dual Rate (DR) to 70 and your Expo to 35%. That should tame it down a lot.

I'm not sure how the setup is on the controller (1 servo 90º or 3 servo 120º) but you can either do it with dual rates (which I suggest), swash menu to lower the movement, or you can use your pitch curve to lower only the collective. But I suggest setting your Dual Rate (DR) to 70 and your Expo to 35%. That should tame it down a lot.
Thank you so much for your quick answer!! I will try it later on .. For the 300cfx I download the TX setup on a Sd card from HorizonHobby and inserted on the TX.
On my Align 450l I have to setup it .. Actually I setup normal servo because the microbeast (setup A to N )with spektrum receiver. I believe is 1 servo (Dx 7)

Tony

Staff member
Yes, all of the mixing will be done in the gyro. Start with the DR/Expo and see how that goes.

Yes, all of the mixing will be done in the gyro. Start with the DR/Expo and see how that goes.
Thanks for the advices Tony! .. I will
Try tomorrow i drove to Miami to spend the weekend.. Actually I'm living in Fort Lauderdale is not far away from Miami.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Hello, Again

Back to my House , and starting to finished the setup of my 450L ,install the battery ,grabbed the TX put the heli on the table and I dont know what i did and suddenly the blades starting to spin like crazy...!! I grabbed the heli and took the battery out ... very weird because the TX was off( i guess) hurt myself a little bit and the heli broke the Main Gear, DFC Linkage and Motor Pinion ! So ...have to start all over again. :thumbsdown::puppy_dog_eyes:just ordered new parts at helidirect

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Heliman450

Hi Edgardcafe, wow! Sounds like you're rushing ahead a bit. Take a deep breath and think through what you're doing. I hope you didn't hurt yourself too much. I've seen a photo in the Internet of a young guy of 19 who almost cut the top off his head because he pushed himself a bit too far with his 3D. Not nice at all!

It sounds like you went out of sequence. Never connect the heli battery before the TX is switched on (unless there's a bind plug fitted like in my JR ProPo binding process). ALWAYS check the Tx switch positions and that the sticks are in the correct position BEFORE switching on the Tx. Make sure that you make it a habit by constantly repeating the process. I wrote it out when I started and went through it like a real pilot's checklist. It doesn't take long until it is second nature.

1. Make sure that you fully understand the Tx functions before trying to fly. Ask someone to show you if you can't find the info yourself............ and keep asking until you know
2. Check the heli properly to make sure everything's correctly fitted and tightened up as it should be
3. Check the switches and sticks on the Tx before switching it on
4. Switch on the Tx and then switch on the throttle hold (I have to switch on first otherwise I get a warning that a switch is in the wrong position)
5. Connect the heli battery and wait for the initialisation
6. Disconnect two wires from the motor
7. You can now switch off the throttle hold and check that all servos are responding correctly to the Tx commands without the motor spinning up (I also remove the main blades and fit shortened dummy blades during the setup process on the bench)
8. When you're sure that all's well with the servo actions, disconnect the heli battery and switch off the Tx
9. Reconnect the two motor wires and repeat steps 3 to 5 before your test hover (on a new build/rebuild, I set my pitch curve straight at zero degrees and the throttle curve from zero to 40% maximum, then slowly increase the throttle to spin the heli at low speed. Stop and then recheck that all's tight before attempting a take off. I can also clamp the heli to my bench and run it in my workshop, too.)

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! We've all made a mistake, don't forget that.

Hi Edgardcafe, wow! Sounds like you're rushing ahead a bit. Take a deep breath and think through what you're doing. I hope you didn't hurt yourself too much. I've seen a photo in the Internet of a young guy of 19 who almost cut the top off his head because he pushed himself a bit too far with his 3D. Not nice at all!

It sounds like you went out of sequence. Never connect the heli battery before the TX is switched on (unless there's a bind plug fitted like in my JR ProPo binding process). ALWAYS check the Tx switch positions and that the sticks are in the correct position BEFORE switching on the Tx. Make sure that you make it a habit by constantly repeating the process. I wrote it out when I started and went through it like a real pilot's checklist. It doesn't take long until it is second nature.

1. Make sure that you fully understand the Tx functions before trying to fly. Ask someone to show you if you can't find the info yourself............ and keep asking until you know
2. Check the heli properly to make sure everything's correctly fitted and tightened up as it should be
3. Check the switches and sticks on the Tx before switching it on
4. Switch on the Tx and then switch on the throttle hold (I have to switch on first otherwise I get a warning that a switch is in the wrong position)
5. Connect the heli battery and wait for the initialisation
6. Disconnect two wires from the motor
7. You can now switch off the throttle hold and check that all servos are responding correctly to the Tx commands without the motor spinning up (I also remove the main blades and fit shortened dummy blades during the setup process on the bench)
8. When you're sure that all's well with the servo actions, disconnect the heli battery and switch off the Tx
9. Reconnect the two motor wires and repeat steps 3 to 5 before your test hover (on a new build/rebuild, I set my pitch curve straight at zero degrees and the throttle curve from zero to 40% maximum, then slowly increase the throttle to spin the heli at low speed. Stop and then recheck that all's tight before attempting a take off. I can also clamp the heli to my bench and run it in my workshop, too.)

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! We've all made a mistake, don't forget that.

Thanks for your good advice!! Next time I will for sure have more carefully !
I just hurts my left arm and my fingers that still sore!

Top Bottom