Hamish Rankine

Hamish

Hi Team.
I've just recently got back into RC sailplanes after a 25 year break. Man have things changed! but some still stay the same. I've recently bought a Turnigy 9 channel along with all the associated batteries,charger, etc etc. I've got a Turnigy nano-tech Rx battery with it , which is a 850mah 3 cell 11.1v lipo but cant find the charging rates for this. I need to get this up and running so I can bind TX and Rx before getting any further.
Could someone help out with charge rates to suit The Turnigy charger. It's probably under my nose somewhere but can't see it!!
Thanks.
Hamish

pvolcko

Hi Hamish. Normally questions go in one of the other subforums but, since you at least introduced yourself...

:)

1C is always safe with modern batteries. Charge at 850mAh and you should be good to go. The other nanotech batteries I have are safe for 3C and in my experience have had no ill effects from charging at that rate, though I don't recommend doing it too often as a general matter. 1C whenever possible.

wolfman76

That it's surprising my 6s nano tech packs are 4000mah each assigns actually had a sticker on them telling manager they have a 5c charge rate. .. that it's mine though not all packs charge at same rates it depends on the size or mah's of the pack I think so 850mah 1 amp should be look but keep An eye on it never leave unattended no need to have to use your for fighting skills in your own home

murankar

Staff member
A 1c rate would be .85 amps. Then a 2c rate would be .85 x 2 = 1.7 amps.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Hi Hamish,
On every battery page, you will see a table like this.
Screen Shot 2014-02-09 at 09.54.14.png

As you can see on the 5th line it gives you the Charge rate. And for all the Nano-tech batteries it says 5C.
I couldn't see a nano-tech RX specific battery of 850mah.
So theoretically your 850mah (.85A) can be charged at 5C 5 x .85A = 4.25A
But as stated already, unless you are in a hurry, 1C is recommended for longevity of the battery.

Oh and Welcome to the forum ;)

Screen Shot 2014-02-09 at 09.54.14.png

Hamish

Cool, thanks for your help.Sorry about the wrong place to post!!
Hamish

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for that. Ill get used to it soon. Promise!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mate. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Lee. It's starting to make a bit of sense now!
Cheers

Top Bottom