Hailstorm through Pyrenees

EyeStation

It had to have been a rental car you were driving. I don't think I would have put MY vehicle through those iceballs.

It had to have been a rental car you were driving. I don't think I would have put MY vehicle through those iceballs.

lol, no Dave, it was my Shogun Warrior in pic...we are still in France till thursday...we had no choice to keep on driving, sunny one minute and that storm the next. too many trees around to stop and wade it out... we could see all the clouds coming over the mountains, then the thunder and lightening.. the Mrs was terrified...

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, they sound a lot bigger when they are hitting your car lol. Here you go, this is video I took back in March. The video doesn't do it justice as to how loud this storm really was. My brother in law was right next to me and we were having to yell.

Snow, Thunder-Sleet, Hail - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
I see that kind of storm on average of every two years here in Oklahoma. I don't mind ones like this one. The one we had here a while back, with softball size hail that busted out windows in my house... Those I don't care to see anymore lol.

It's the first time I've seen it too, and to drive through it was awesome, the vid doesn't give it justice though. I've seen on storm chaser programs the hail is softball size, now that would be terrifying...

Top Bottom