450 Gyro settings in a dx7s for a trex 450 3gx

image.jpg

So im about to take my trex 450 dfc on a maiden flight tommorrow ( if weather permits) so was wondering if having these gyro settings were ideal.

image.jpg

fhu667

I would think the DX7 and DX8 would be similar. My 3GX is -30% , 33% and 45%. I think on the Freddy Can Fly video he said to start somewhere around 33%. Anyway, I guess I must be happy with the 45% because I haven't changed it.

- - - Updated - - -

I would think that you'll know pretty quick if it's a little high because of the tail wag.

cml001

I've not ever used a 3gx so I couldn't tell ya.. I know with the beastx I started at 45 and adjusted accordingly... Increasing until I get the wag and then bump it down a few points below that... All via the transmitter.. There are some trim settings and characteristic settings in the beastx... But the transmitter gyro gain is your baseline setting. I am not familiar with the 3gx, but I'd think the same would be true with it as well. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Lee

I think the gyro rates on the DX7 are the same as the DX6I not the DX8. They are 0 to 100% and the DX8 is 100% too -100%
If i'm right, then you settings are probably correct. Normally you would set it to 65% as a first flight test and go from there. So one either side of that as you have it is good.

Top Bottom